You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have a problem with exporting  tif files. I open a 16bit 730MB tif file and after few adjustments when I export the file as 16bit tif I'm getting a 962MB size file which is much bigger than the original file. I am attaching a screenshot showing my settings. In this example the file is 879,72MB.

9664x12599=121,76MB x 3(because of RGB)=365,28MB x 2(because of 16bit)=730,56MB

How can I solve the problem?

post-49729-0-11593200-1484998180_thumb.png

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Welcome to the forum Grzegorz :)

We use LZW compression by default when exporting to tiff and this most probably explains why your exported tiffs are larger in size.

The option to select a different compression type when exporting to tiff has been requested before in the Feature Request section.

Thank you for your replay Leigh.

But how can it be that the file after compression has a bigger file size? I don't really understand.

Is it possible that after saving the file as a TIFF, Affinity adds a alpha layer to the file which makes the file bigger? If yes, then how can I turn it off.