rjh1007

Nik Color Efex Pro 4 and Viveza wrong colors

On 8/24/2018 at 5:34 PM, Omar Upegui R. said:

That is exactly my problem using Windows 10 Pro.  Below 33% magnification, I will see a washed out image.  This bug only happens with Viveza 2.  All the other Nik tools work flawlessly.  I feel really bad about this problem and Customer Service at Affinity Photo won't respond.  This does not happen with Adobe Lightroom or Photoshop.

I can confirm that I have exactly the same issue with Viveza 2. Below 33% the image is totally de-saturated. This is with the latest version of the Nik Collection (1.1)

I bought the Dx0 Nik Plugins v1.1 for £30 during their Black Friday sale but I can confirm that Viveza in new version doesn't work with Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 or the 1.7 Beta. I get same washed up colours as stated by others in this thread.

In any case I ran some tests and this is what I found.

Running the Viveza plugin from Affinity Photo - pictures from my Nikon D7000 all affected - NEF, JPEG. With my Canon S50 - CRW affected but JPEG ok. NOTE - When I magnify view to 100% in Viveza2 colours are ok in main viewer but not in Navigator. This points to image size as my Canon S50 produces smaller JPEG images.

I tried from other editors i.e. Adobe PS6 and Nikon View NX-i/Captur NX-D, Viveza works as expected.

Would be great if Serif can fix this as this one plugin is stoping me from ditching the other editors from my work flow. By the way for anyone interested my current workflow is to use ViewNX-i then run Capture NX-D for RAW. Convert to tiff 16bit and return to ViewNX-i. This process retains the non distructive changes made to my RAW file. I then run Nik plugins from ViewNX-i on the newly created tiff file.

Afterwards I go into Affinity for remainder but lately I have been using Adobe PS6 because of Viveza issue.

I really want to go from Capture NX-D into Affinity and use Nik plugins from there.

On 12/19/2018 at 11:05 AM, sat312 said:

I bought the Dx0 Nik Plugins v1.1 for £30 during their Black Friday sale but I can confirm that Viveza in new version doesn't work with Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 or the 1.7 Beta. I get same washed up colours as stated by others in this thread.

In any case I ran some tests and this is what I found.

Running the Viveza plugin from Affinity Photo - pictures from my Nikon D7000 all affected - NEF, JPEG. With my Canon S50 - CRW affected but JPEG ok. NOTE - When I magnify view to 100% in Viveza2 colours are ok in main viewer but not in Navigator. This points to image size as my Canon S50 produces smaller JPEG images.

I tried from other editors i.e. Adobe PS6 and Nikon View NX-i/Captur NX-D, Viveza works as expected.

Would be great if Serif can fix this as this one plugin is stoping me from ditching the other editors from my work flow. By the way for anyone interested my current workflow is to use ViewNX-i then run Capture NX-D for RAW. Convert to tiff 16bit and return to ViewNX-i. This process retains the non distructive changes made to my RAW file. I then run Nik plugins from ViewNX-i on the newly created tiff file.

Afterwards I go into Affinity for remainder but lately I have been using Adobe PS6 because of Viveza issue.

I really want to go from Capture NX-D into Affinity and use Nik plugins from there.

Does anyone know if this issue about inverted colours with Viveza 2 has been corrected or will be - I get inverted colours unless I zoom in on Viveza, and then the zoomed in section is OK. Image attached - see original file bottom right on the affinity software

Thank you

Jason

2019-03-01.png

Hi Jason,

Unfortunately not.

As an alternative you could try what Robin Whalley suggests at this link:

A different approach to this problem is to use another app to develop your RAW file and from within that app run Viveza.

I am currently using CaptureNX-D v1.5.1 for my RAW development and use the Colour Control Points within the retouch tab. This is same U-Point technology as employed in Viveza but there is one missing control slider "Structure". The advantage using the control points in NX-D is that the NEF file is kept in a non-distructive state. From within NX-D I can still "open with" Viveza this edited NEF file. NX-D will convert the NEF file into a TIFF and open in Viveza. Once finished in Viveza the TIFF file is saved in PICTURES directory. You can then open in Affinity Photo.

Opening in Viveza Stand-alone is final option.

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much. It's hardly an ideal situation, but since I paid the same for the Nik collection as affinity, I really want to have a solution(s), which your post has helped with. I'm already less stressed about it and won't be rushing to buy other software as the only way to resolve this. I like Affinity, but this issue needs to be resolved soon between the two companies. Bad for both if they don't, and a pain for its users. Annoyingly, I only bought the Nik Collection because an official Affinity tutorial video on YouTube referred to using it. It failed to mention Affinity doesn't work properly with it, so I'm quite angry with Affinity for that. Thanks again.  Jason

I just took up DxO's April promo offer on Photolab2 promo and I think I have my perfect workflow. I was reluctant to fork out more on top of Nik Collection but I don't think my investment is wasted. I got Photolab2 Elite for less then half the retail price.:1_grinning:

Still testing but here is my workflow:

1. Use Photolab2 photo library and process my RAW files. RAW development tools like CLEARVIEW, PRIME and Local Adjustments are awsom. No need for Viveza as Local adjustments utilises U-Point technology and covers what Viveza would have done.

2. Export into Affinity using sidecar feature. Photolab will convert to TIF and open in Affinity.

3. Run Nik Collection filters within Affinity as required bar Viveza.

4. Carry out other image enhancements/repairs in Affinity using layers.

5. Finish.

Results are stunning.

So far Photolab2 and Affinity Photo (WIN) are working very well together.

Download trial and test it. You will be amazed :)