Jump to content
rjh1007

Nik Color Efex Pro 4 and Viveza wrong colors

Recommended Posts

When exporting from either LR  or Capture One 9 the image that appears in Affinity Photo for WIndows 1.51 has the correct color and appears to have all the adjustments included.  However, when using the NIK plugin in Affinity the image colors are much darker and has a blue cast and the image appears flat.  I have repeated this with several images with the same results. I have had to return back to PS cc when using NIK as Color Efex and Viveza are basically useless when used in Affinity Photo for Windows.  

Thanks

Bob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Known issue, Bob.

 

Just out of interest, is the colour shift happening only when you present full-sized files to (say) Viveza?

 

As an experiment, try arbitrarily resizing the file then applying Viveza - what happens then? 


Keith Reeder

 

(I don't need bird photography lessons - OK..?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keith and LoBu

As per your suggestion I resized the images  to both 50% and 33% and both Color Efex Pro4 and Viveza  gave the same results with colors that are much darker with a blue cast.  The image also appears flat

Bob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, FYI...

 

Viveza- 25% or less and colour in main window is washed out, all other magnification images in main window are OK. Loupe is correct in all magnifications.

 

Color Efex Pro 4 - no issues at ANY magnification. Loupe fine.

 

All other NIK plugins are fine.

I run on an old Toshiba Satellite Pro AMD shared GPU with 8gb ram and SSD 128gb under Win 7.

 

Happy bunny!

 

Cheers, Paul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was able to replicate the issue on my PC too but only in viveza 2.  Also, it seems to only to happen when I open a raw file from AP.  If I start of from a TIFF file, it seems to work fine except for the "side by side" preview which still displays the "desaturated" issue seen in the previous version.

 

Hector

post-46143-0-08454400-1485104332_thumb.jpg

post-46143-0-54492500-1485104334_thumb.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

At it is only Viveza2 at full screen view, the colors are inverted in the main window, navigator in Viveza has the right colors.
In the 100% view, the colors in the main window are Okay but in the navigator inverted ;-)

It does not matter whether a TIFF or straight from a RAW develops, the display is inverted in full-screen mode, or rather, falsified.

You can edit at least the picture in the right colors something annoying is already.

Pollux

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi  All

 

W are already aware of the issue with colours being incorrect with images at a certain size, also some differences with various colour profiles. I;m sure we shall look at fixing this if we can, however it may require some changes on the Nik side too, which is no longer supported by Google

 

Cheers


Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Changes to nik while every other program supporting PS plugins seems to habdle them just fine.. doesn't make sense to me.

 

Also at the original poster : there is a known issue with Viveza and the colors (while not zoomed in ). Color Efex is fine. It seems the trouble you afe having is coming from somewhere else as nobody else has that issue. Maybe something in your color profile configuration?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nik tools seems to be a widely used plugin set even without further development. So Affinity should adapt its output to Niks requirements, even if it requires special handling just for this plugin set. Interesting to know whether LR and Capture One had to adapt also to Niks "alternative facts" or whether they did the things just "right" from the beginning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, my first post here on the forum, even though I've been using Photo for a while now. Great software! Keep up the great work! 

I apologise for posting this in the Windows bugs section, but I can also repeat this bug with NIK Viveza on Mac OS (Still on 10.11.6 El Capitan here, 2011 Macbook Pro). In fact it's been driving me a bit crazy, having to reopen to edit in Viveza via Aperture (yes, again, old school- but it works). TIFF files opened into NIK from Affinity Photo lack contrast, saturation, and generally appear washed out. Use GPU in the NIK preferences has already been set to 'OFF' (although this preference seems absent in Viveza). 

 

Tom

Screenshot 2017-09-19 13.21.16.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, the strange thing is that on the Loupe within Viveza, the colourcast/brightness/contrast is how it should be. I really hope this isn't a bug in Viveza and not Affinity Photo, as it'll mean Serif 'cloning' these otherwise amazing tools, and putting them in Photo. Just saying. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Note that the NIK filters are no longer supported but if you edit in 8bit mode and view at larger than fit you should see it normally. 


Win 10 x64 System with Intuos Pen & Touch
 - Sys : Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), 16GB RAM
 - GPU 1: Intel HD Graphics 630, GPU 2: NVIDIA GTX1050, 4GB

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/09/2017 at 1:22 PM, tom_tm said:

Hi, my first post here on the forum, even though I've been using Photo for a while now. Great software! Keep up the great work! 

I apologise for posting this in the Windows bugs section, but I can also repeat this bug with NIK Viveza on Mac OS (Still on 10.11.6 El Capitan here, 2011 Macbook Pro). In fact it's been driving me a bit crazy, having to reopen to edit in Viveza via Aperture (yes, again, old school- but it works). TIFF files opened into NIK from Affinity Photo lack contrast, saturation, and generally appear washed out. Use GPU in the NIK preferences has already been set to 'OFF' (although this preference seems absent in Viveza). 

 

Tom

Screenshot 2017-09-19 13.21.16.png

I'm having the same problem with my Macbook Pro. Colorefx is OK but washed out coiveza. Seems this is going on for over a year. Aren't Affinity interested?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/04/2018 at 3:03 PM, Septimus said:

I'm having the same problem with my Macbook Pro. Colorefx is OK but washed out coiveza. Seems this is going on for over a year. Aren't Affinity interested?

 

We are interested, but we have lots of things to work on, so we have to prioritise what bugs to fix, or features to add.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the same problem, I have just purchased the Nick collection by DxO, and the TIFF and raw and PSD files show false colours, however the JPEG file shows up normal in Viveza. The enlarged loupe image shows the correct colours in all circumstances, I have contacted DxO and they are not supporting plug-in problems with Affinity Photo. I gather the problem lies with Affinity Photo... I hope you can fix this.

original in affinity photo.PNG

viveza in affinity photo.PNG

viveza in loupe is ok.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2017 at 5:54 AM, LoBu said:

Images looks good on my Mac from 33%, but not if they are smaller.

That is exactly my problem using Windows 10 Pro.  Below 33% magnification, I will see a washed out image.  This bug only happens with Viveza 2.  All the other Nik tools work flawlessly.  I feel really bad about this problem and Customer Service at Affinity Photo won't respond.  This does not happen with Adobe Lightroom or Photoshop.

Edited by Omar Upegui R.
Bad spelling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Omar Upegui R. said:

That is exactly my problem using Windows 10 Pro.  Below 33% magnification, I will see a washed out image.  This bug only happens with Viveza 2.  All the other Nik tools work flawlessly.  I feel really bad about this problem and Customer Service at Affinity Photo won't respond.  This does not happen with Adobe Lightroom or Photoshop.

There was a response from Mark Ingram of Serif in May.. just 1 post above yours if you care to read it....

Enjoy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/6/2018 at 5:50 AM, Digiteyez said:

I have the same problem, I have just purchased the Nick collection by DxO, and the TIFF and raw and PSD files show false colours, however the JPEG file shows up normal in Viveza. The enlarged loupe image shows the correct colours in all circumstances, I have contacted DxO and they are not supporting plug-in problems with Affinity Photo. I gather the problem lies with Affinity Photo... I hope you can fix this.

original in affinity photo.PNG

viveza in affinity photo.PNG

viveza in loupe is ok.PNG

I have a similar colour deviation in Viveza 2 as part of the former Google Nik Collection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A solution that's working , is to export the picture as a 16 bit TIFF - then leave Affinity - then simply drag the 16 bit TIFF file directly into Viveza.

 

2018-08-30_150103.png

 

If You are on Windows - Use Fast Stone Image Viewer , Right click on any picture and choose " Edit in " Viveza

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2018 at 11:52 AM, Jon1 said:

A solution that's working , is to export the picture as a 16 bit TIFF - then leave Affinity - then simply drag the 16 bit TIFF file directly into Viveza.

 

2018-08-30_150103.png

 

If You are on Windows - Use Fast Stone Image Viewer , Right click on any picture and choose " Edit in " Viveza

That is not really a solution. By exporting as a TIFF and re-opening that TIFF you loose the edit layers in AP and cannot continue with additional layers in AP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2018 at 4:22 PM, PaulAffinity said:

There was a response from Mark Ingram of Serif in May.. just 1 post above yours if you care to read it....

Enjoy!

I read the response, but that doesn't solve the problem.  I paid for this software and expect that it would work correctly.  Viveza 2 is the tool I use the most.  Not happy with Affinity Photo and will most likely jump to Adobe's bandwagon if the problem is not solved shortly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.