You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

When adding or editing text to existing text frame. When I click in the text frame. In layers menu highlighted text frame  jumps to the under lying layer pixel layer.

I click the text icon cursor select text frame cursor changes to T in a square, I click in the text frame that already contains text. and text layer is deselected, the pixel is under is now selected.

Thanks

Jimmy 

Are you saying the text is deselected when you try to select it? Are you using the Artistic Text Tool or the Frame Text Tool?

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Are you saying the text is deselected when you try to select it? Are you using the Artistic Text Tool or the Frame Text Tool?

Yes. When I click in the text layer the layer becomes deselected. The pixel layer beneath becomes selected . When using the text frame tool [T]

Okay. It sounds like the pixel has more of a selectable region than the text, and therefor it is getting selected instead. In cases in which there many other objects such as backgrounds or in this case, pixel layers, which do not need selecting, just lock the ones you don't want selected at that time.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

In cases in which there many other objects such as backgrounds or in this case, pixel layers, which do not need selecting, just lock the ones you don't want selected at that time.

... or try zooming in to make it easier to click in the text box.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

... or try zooming in to make it easier to click in the text box.

That works too for this example, but some other cases involve a selection bounding box to select multiple objects at once.

Okay. It sounds like the pixel has more of a selectable region than the text, and therefor it is getting selected instead. In cases in which there many other objects such as backgrounds or in this case, pixel layers, which do not need selecting, just lock the ones you don't want selected at that time.

Ok I locked I locked the pixel layer. Now when I click in the text layer, the Background (locked) gets selected instead   

I don't understand the problem then. It's got to be a bug, but I don't think anyone else experienced something like this. You may want to post this problem in the Bugs section since it sounds like you're doing everything right. I'm sorry I couldn't help.