You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Typography panel: smart 'All Small Caps'; all lowercase

Hi there,

While trying out the font Cabrito Didone in AD I noticed it has true Small Caps, but no true All Small Caps. Checking All Small Caps doesn't turn caps into small caps.

Probably the opentype-coding of the font is lacking, but it would be nice if AD was smart enough to produce All Small Caps from true small caps. (Turn caps into lowercase and then into small caps?). Now you have a font with true small caps and a button All Small Caps but it's no use.

I would really like an all lowercase setting in the typography options as well. When trying out concepts it's much quicker to be able to toggle lowercase/caps/sentence. I use this feature in InDesign a lot.

Hi there,

While trying out the font Cabrito Didone in AD I noticed it has true Small Caps, but no true All Small Caps. Checking All Small Caps doesn't turn caps into small caps.

Probably the opentype-coding of the font is lacking, but it would be nice if AD was smart enough to produce All Small Caps from true small caps. (Turn caps into lowercase and then into small caps?). Now you have a font with true small caps and a button All Small Caps but it's no use.

I would really like an all lowercase setting in the typography options as well. When trying out concepts it's much quicker to be able to toggle lowercase/caps/sentence. I use this feature in InDesign a lot.

I downloaded the one free style (Regular) and took a look inside. Your hunch on the OpenType code being the problem is correct.

post-255-0-53709400-1484939791_thumb.png

The tag for substituting the capitals with the small caps is incorrect and AD isn't seeing it. I suspect that if you contact the font author he would correct it. I didn't make the switch (not my font) to make sure, but the substitutions (A -> A.sc is correct) and would/should work fine with the tag change.