You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

node transformation (scale rotate) needed !!!

Either via transformation boundary box like in Gravit

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byzv_NlyKp_2Qk51a00zWG9uSm8/view

or via a transformation tool like pressing S defending a scalding center and then move the mouse to scale and rotate around it

post-9948-0-21322400-1484863578_thumb.png

If I missed this in Affinity please let me know. Using the transformation window doing symmetrical scaling is not really ideal

Claas Kuhnen

Faculty Industrial Design  -  Chair Interior Design - Wayne State University

Owner studioKuhnen - product:interface:design

It would definitely useful to be able to use all transform and align tools on the control points as well. Not just the regular selection tools, but also things like flip operations, and possible future features like, say, bicubic mesh warp, selection brushes, Liquify-type warp brushes, noise-based displacement etc. if something like that is implemented. I think these type of features should always be designed from the get-go to work on both control point level and on object level.

Most 3D software actually handles that as some sort of global mode switch for toggling between object-level operations and component-level operations (control points, edges, faces etc.), and all tools in the applications support this switch, whereas most 2D software unfortunately limits the control point functionality to basic selecting and moving of points.

Hi cekuhnen, I recognize you from the blender forums. Yes hopefully this node scaling and rotate manipulation ability is coming soon. 

Hi there,

while I like Affinities new approach to creating art, they looked over some still must have tools like node align or a scale tool for selected nodes.

Hopefully they will add it soon Freehand Gravit AI they all have it for a reason.

Claas Kuhnen

It would definitely useful to be able to use all transform and align tools on the control points as well. Not just the regular selection tools, but also things like flip operations, and possible future features like, say, bicubic mesh warp, selection brushes, Liquify-type warp brushes, noise-based displacement etc. if something like that is implemented. I think these type of features should always be designed from the get-go to work on both control point level and on object level.

Most 3D software actually handles that as some sort of global mode switch for toggling between object-level operations and component-level operations (control points, edges, faces etc.), and all tools in the applications support this switch, whereas most 2D software unfortunately limits the control point functionality to basic selecting and moving of points.

Affinity has the ability to set the rotation center in the transform toolbox and you can set it with the boundary box (and place it also outside).

when rotating the object Affinity remembers the values. that's pretty good like local mode in Blender.

If it then would allow to select certain nodes and scale them along that rotation vector it would be fantastic.

Claas Kuhnen