You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Importing Photoshop Filters

• Staff

Hi Jack G,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

No, you can't use Photoshop's proprietary filters inside Affinity Photo but you can run/use third party Photoshop compatible plugins in Affinity Photo. Here's an unofficial list with more info. Click on the plugin's name for details. Note that Photoshop plugins support is still in development so not all filters run at this point. We should also add a set of additional creative filters to Affinity Photo later.

this is a question I have asked in a comments section of a tutorial but have not revisited the tutorial as I forget which one it was so I will ask here and maybe someone knows.

When using MS DIP 2006 (discontinued but still usable) from some freeware sources, I was able to download a number of .8bf filters that did some things I enjoyed being able to use. I was able to put them all into a folder and use DIP to point to that folder and bring up the filters when desired for use.

Can this be done with AP? Can the whole folder be imported of does one have to import each .8bf file on its own? If these filters can be used do they have to be imported into AP or simply be pointed to the location where they are on the computer at the moment?

TIA