You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have recently purchased affinity. I have downloaded the software and have it on my computer's desktop. I have entered the product key and gone through the installation process.

Whenever I try to open it a message appears which says: 

This application requires one of the following versions of the .NET

Framework

.NETFramework, Version=v4.6.2

Do you want to install this .NET Framework version now?

I have downloaded this Net framework thing but the problem persists.

I have deleted and downloaded everything again and again but the same thing happens every time.

Can someone please help me?

Thank you

• Staff

Hi Photoboss,

Welcome to the forums.

Can you use this link to download the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 offline installer. Once downloaded run the setup. Once the installation is complete, do a restart of your system and then run the setup for Affinity again.

If you have any other messages, please check our Install FAQ as we may of covered it already.

I have downloaded that same Microsoft .NET Framework numerous times. Installed it then restarted my computer.

I have done this many times and wasted many hours trying to do it again and again.

I am still met with the same window that asks me to download Microsoft .NET.

Maybe the problem is simple and any IT person would be able to solve it in seconds but I am not the sharpest spoon in the draw.

Could you please give me some more solutions. I have looked at your Install FAQ but this has not helped but I did find out that my laptop meets all of the requirements necessary i.e. Windows 8 and 64 bit operating system.

Please help as I do not want to get refund but would much prefer to use your product.

Thank you.

• Staff

Hi Photoboss,

Can you follow the steps below to create an install log file and then attach it to this thread.

1, Have the downloaded .exe file on your Desktop

2, Press the Windows Key + R to bring up the Run Dialog. Drag the downloaded setup file e.g affinity-photo-1.5.0.45.exe into the Run Dialog window.

3, After this add /log to so it reads C:\Users\username\Desktop\affinity-photo-1.5.0.45.exe /log and then press OK – the installation will start as normal.

4, You can access the install.log by pasting in %TEMP%/AffinitySetup/ to the Run Dialog and pressing OK. You will want the folder with the latest Created/Modified Date.