You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Further problem with Nik plug in

I have previously written about the fact that when opening an image in Nik it opens the full image rather than accepting the cropping I have done in Affinity but I've now found that with some images it opens with the image as a landscape profile rather than a portrait. Any other software I open it in and its fine, its as it should be - portrait. 

As with the cropping problem if I Flatten the image (even if I have done nothing to it) then it opens as it should in portrait orientation. 

Has anyone else come across this problem and is it proposed to solve the previous issue of processing the uncropped image?

• Staff

Hi Septimus,

Thanks for your report. We are aware of the portrait issues in the Nik Collection plug-ins (as well as others - more info here - click on the plugin name for details).

Regarding the cropping, this is because the crop in non-destructive in Affinity Photo, in other words it retains all the original image data until you rasterise the layer (in case you want to re-adjuts the crop later) and so seems it's sending all data to the plug-in. I will pass this to the dev team.