You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi guys

Anyone know any classes or tutorial to create a full web design using all the new stuff from Affinity  Designer?

Im looking for a project/tutorial/classes to see the best way to design a web site with all recourses  from last version of AD.

Like the same for a full  branding with mock-ups.

I have the book but i like more completed, i really like to get all from AD.

Affinity Designer is an amazing new app for Mac which is taking the design world by storm. To help you get up to speed, we're offering a free, full-length course, Affinity Designer Quick Start, that introduces you to all its features.

- Learn Affinity Designer by Examples

- Master the tools and user interface of Affinity Design

- Gain an understanding of the overall process of designing graphics

- Build up a foundation of knowledge for using similar design programs & branding Solutions with Professional branding company

- Use real world examples to familiarize yourself with the software

1- Course link: https://webdesign.tutsplus.com/courses/affinity-designer-quick-start?ec_promo=teaser_post_short

2- Course link :​https://www.lynda.com/Affinity-Designer-tutorials/UX-Design-Tools-Affinity-Designer/496890-2.html

Hi @Brian and @Richard thank you very much for the help.

Ik has been following some tuts but I have been looking for something completely different and have the full and detailed from start to master way.

I'm not a brand new at AD but working with AD at web designer and using the full potential I'm really a newbie. I just using a lot, copy buttons and paste in the place I like, I don't have been using the right potential of AD.

This course from Lynda I don't know it, I need to take a fast look at this ;)

Hi @Brian and @Richard thank you very much for the help.

Ik has been following some tuts but I have been looking for something completely different and have the full and detailed from start to master way.

I'm not a brand new at AD but working with AD at web designer and using the full potential I'm really a newbie. I just using a lot, copy buttons and paste in the place I like, I don't have been using the right potential of AD.

This course from Lynda I don't know it, I need to take a fast look at this ;)

What exactly you're looking for when it comes to tutorials, since the basic fundamentals applies to anything regardless which software you use. Are you looking for lets say, something specifically about the features for UI design within Affinity Designer or something else?

Because when it comes to features, its pretty much the videos that I posted above is what comes to mind.

-

But if you're looking to learn the ins and out of the tools, best to just grab some websites you like and try to re-create it within Affinity Designer, so you can familiarize with the tool.

When it comes to learning the fundamentals of Web Design, you learn better through real world examples, and copying other Designers and so on. Not plagiarism, but learning how they came up with the solution and so on.

Is more to get habit in use the Symbols and that tools... I'm I kind of old habits in copy paste and recreate all stuff lol

Yeah in that case its a matter either

a ) pick a side project such as your personal website or a product and create it in affinity by utilizing the tools

b ) choose a website you like and recreate it in affinity by utilizing the tools.

The only way to get used with any tools is to use/explore/fail with it. Besides you are not losing anything.

So go experiment. You don't need videos to teach you how to use affinity.

Use the help, its there for a reason. Get out there and get your hands dirty.

Cheers!

@Zunaoid

From what I understood he is not looking for principles of web design, more about ways to practice on familiarizing with Affinity Designer.

Which I already mentioned is to just use the tool. Your comp is not going to explode, kek.

And when it comes to learn Web Design, its the same thing, and plenty of learning materials ( free of charge ) no need for any sub/paid materials to learn web design.

Devtips, Mackenziechildjust, learnshayhowe to name a few. Best way to learn it, is pick something you want to create and research while doing it.

Hi @brian and @zunaid 

I really looking more to use the full potentiality of AD and probably I will do like @brian, just to use some personal project and try to use all AD have to use, I need to modernise myself, from the introduction videos looks is a big step ahead to get a better ambient and organization from AD.

@Zunaoid

From what I understood he is not looking for principles of web design, more about ways to practice on familiarizing with Affinity Designer.

Which I already mentioned is to just use the tool. Your comp is not going to explode, kek.

And when it comes to learn Web Design, its the same thing, and plenty of learning materials ( free of charge ) no need for any sub/paid materials to learn web design.

Devtips, Mackenziechildjust, learnshayhowe to name a few. Best way to learn it, is pick something you want to create and research while doing it.

@Brian I think it was actually about using AD. I mean the features that help with web design. I will try to find. Or you can just google affinity designer udemy. He teaches the tools required.

I am busy with work so i couldn't find it. I will try to find it and share.

Follow me: Instagram | Dribbble

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks to OP -- this is where I'll start and with a simple spin-off question. Now that I'm on a Mac, is there any way to edit my Serif WebPlus created html pages and elements in Affinity Designer? Or Publisher, down the road? So far I only have Affinity Photo which is certainly a champ, my PhotoPlus-familiar workflow is very happy.

(Because Serif is discontinuing WebPlus, there will be no "Affinity Web," and because the Mac replacement I found for WebPlus is slow and encumbered in trying to edit the site, although it will let me --which is something, at least. Surprised and alarmed to see so little available that will edit an extant site project, and acts like WebPlus, built for Mac)

Can anyone put into simplest terms if/how I could use Affinity Designer or Publisher as an intermediate design tool and then take whole pages into the actual web editor, Flux. Flux works but is not nearly the intuitive and capable, variety-filled application that WebPlus was. I guess that a web editor works because of complicated indexing and relations between what you import, edit on a page, etc -- and its folders of images and scripts it writes to, so I shudder at thinking my answer to myself is no, no, no. But essentially if you feel my problems and have anything positive to offer here I would appreciate some hope and a plan. I can certainly use Affinity Publisher soon to do my printable sell sheets, and maybe designer. Oh Serif!!!

Thank you in advance-- Brien  

• Staff

Hi Brien,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Affinity Designer doesn't output/manage any code (html/css/javascript etc), so no, there's no way to edit html files in Designer. You can only use it to design/layout webpages visually and export slices (images only).

We are still far away from Publisher's release but it's not intended to be a web editor either.

• Staff

Hi Brien,

As ferreirex said, Designer (and Photo if you also want to manipulate images) are quite good for simple designer projects (by simple i mean projects that NOT rely on heavy text blocks/text flow). The Affinity line is still quite new and the applications are focused on their specific areas. This doesn't mean however there will not more applications for different areas/needs later. Check our FAQ for more info.