You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

Ive been using the Hindi script (Devanagiri Sangam MN, Kruti Dev 021) and there is discrepancy in the way characters show up on Affinity. Attached two files: first one is the correct typo of the first 3 hindi texts, second one is the affinity file with character mismatches. Let me know how to proceed. Thanks!

--Sarmishta

post-39771-0-10291900-1484828005_thumb.png

post-39771-0-24324500-1484828039_thumb.png

• Staff

No, sorry Sarmishta. We have known about the bug for a short time and it has been bumped since you raised it again. We have to wait between beta releases to test fixes but not all bugs get fixed in time to make it into the new beta. I would check the changelist whenever a new beta is announced on the forum. 

• 10 months later...

This hasn't still been solved, I guess. I'm facing similar issues in Affinity Designer (the latest version) as well.

First file below shows a text (Triple) and it's literation in Gujarati - the correct way.

Second file shows the same text (Triple) in Gujarati in Affinity Designer - displays wrongly.

I was looking to ditch CorelDraw and completely move to Designer but now have to stop short as I have to type in Gujarati for most of my work. And it does not work with Copy, Pasting from Translate as well, so it's not that Designer would just type incorrectly.

I hope this can be addressed sooner than later.

Thanks.

Triple-Translate.jpg

Triple-AffinityDesigner.jpg

• Staff

Hey Chints,

I believe this is something that would get addressed once Publisher has been released as it really needs to be working for an application that focuses on text. I don't have any more info at the moment—I'm sorry. 

On 12/4/2017 at 4:56 PM, Chris B said:

Hey Chints,

I believe this is something that would get addressed once Publisher has been released as it really needs to be working for an application that focuses on text. I don't have any more info at the moment—I'm sorry. 

Hi Chris, Nice to hear from you. Looking forward to this issue being resolved in Publisher.

Do you guys, by any chance, have a beta/testers' program for Publisher?

I am really really really keen to ditch Corel and jump on Affinity bandwagon. Desperately waiting for Publisher to come out, so I could yell "Take my money" (well, just because I know you guys ain't greedy on that front) and be done with Corel fleecing small ppl (like me) off.

Thanks.

• Staff

Hey Chints,

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure what processes we will have in place for beta testing Publisher. I imagine when the time comes to testing this particular area, we will need users like yourself to help us with this :) 

1 minute ago, Chris B said:

Hey Chints,

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure what processes we will have in place for beta testing Publisher. I imagine when the time comes to testing this particular area, we will need users like yourself to help us with this :) 

Anytime (sign me up wherever however for the Publisher) !

Just FYI, I am into designing adverts, flyers, office literature, etc. We're a small biz and can't afford designers/artists, and since I know a bit, I do it for the biz myself and can't see myself paying the eye-watering prices Corel asks for. Then, someone recommended Affinity, which I am finding very useful but have to stop short when it comes to writing text in Gujarat/Hindi language.

Thanks

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I want to report that I also need help with this issue. Usage of Native languages has seen steep increase (during last year and this one) in India due to increased internet penetration. To cater to this newly online audience, have been creating some stuff using Affinity. This issue hampers my workflow a great deal. Is there any workaround?

Have been creating for long in Affinity and love it. Don't want to go look elsewhere for this little thing. I wish this issue comes back from the freezer and gets resolved. Native language content is hot in India right now.

P.S. Waiting for Publisher's release. That would be a great day !!

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Publisher has been released. but the problem of it not responding to Hindi fonts fully still exists. Affinity should look into it. they shouldn't ignore as there can be many users in India if this problem is fixed. An India would always like to publish things mostly in Hindi or any other Indic languages. S o do it fast.

Viveka

See how it is not supporting Hindi fonts properly. 

I keyed in भगवद्गीता and षडयन्त्र on Mac's Pages and pasted them on the Affinity Publisher document  and see how erroneously they appear.

Affinity team should set it right soon if they want it to be popularised in India. 

I have purchased it from Apple Store. But, I can't use it for publishing books in Hindi.

Viveka

Screenshot 2019-07-04 at 4.45.36 AM.png

Screenshot 2019-07-04 at 4.45.36 AM.png

• 2 months later...

it's 2019, publisher released, and the problem still exists on affinity designer. When I pasted a Hindi text form google and pasted into my Sketch app, it works like a charm. But when it comes to affinity, it's converting everything into empty squares. Now if I copy the entire text blocks from sketch app and paste again in Affinity, it takes it but looks weird. See below. 

1336535579_Screenshot2019-09-0617_00_12.thumb.png.609ff2ae061fa0a61184b69654b78b04.png

• Staff
8 minutes ago, Pranab said:

Have bought the Windows 10 version more than a year back. This issue looks like a couple of years back. Still no resolution and acknowledgement from Affinity. Very shitty after sales. Lets all post on some other public forums for these guys to respond.

Hi Pranab,

I acknowledged the issue in my initial reply. It is unfortunate that it has not been resolved in time for the release of Publisher and for this I am sorry. 

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...