You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi creaturerigger,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Currently the only way to get a similar result in Affinity Designer is creating a brush (raster based) where you can adjust several (dynamics) properties to get the random effect you're looking for. It's NOT possible to do this with vector objects through a specific command/feature or using vector brushes.

Hi creaturerigger,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Currently the only way to get a similar result in Affinity Designer is creating a brush (raster based) where you can adjust several (dynamics) properties to get the random effect you're looking for. It's NOT possible to do this with vector objects through a specific command/feature or using vector brushes.

Thank you i got it. I didnt think that it could b that easy but i wish i could do this with vector objects anyway thank you  :D

• 9 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Having a simple window to randomize object property within a +/- value would be just awesome.

- X position

- Position

- Scale

- Rotation

- Color

So much could be done with this.

Any hope we cant get this randomization panel ?

Cheers !

@MEBThanks ! Hopefully it will gain some attraction. I don't know if you saw the video but you can see how some randomization possibility even with a simple checkbox on UI side can help... a lot ! :)

If there will be some plan on it, I'd happy join the beta program to test it.

• Staff

Hi X-Raym,
I'm aware of this feature from Illustrator too, but since you bumped up this thread (posting on it) and a few users requested it too, i moved it to the feedback section as it may get lost here. I also don't remember seeing a thread requesting this on the Feedback section (although it's possible there's one already).
Our Betas are all public. You can download the latest ones from the respective sections in the Beta Software Forums area. The latest versions are usually pinned at the top. Thanks for your feedback and support.

@MEB

I also don't remember seeing a thread requesting this on the Feedback section

Yep, I also search deeply on the forum but it seems the only post speaking about randomization. Though, I sw other comments (reddit, youtube comments...) expressed this desire, so there is a demand for such randomization related features (it could be illutsrator style, or done in some other ways; any way will be appreciated).

Thanks for your feedback and support.

And thank for your consideration! I'll help as much as I can if there is things I can do for this.

• 2 weeks later...

I can see there is a "noise" function in field equations...

noise(seed / x, y)
	Generate 1D noise either from a seed or based on X/Y input.

Couldn't that be used to add randomness (it is equivalent to a random() function ?) ? It doesnt seem to work in transform field though.

Such integration wouldn't require any GUI changes so it might be quicker to implement.

EDIT: I see this has been explicitly requested in this thread :

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...