AstroMax

[AP 1.5.1.54] Info Panel

The info panel is now behaving "almost" OK, but I think there is still a problem with the target sampler.

When you move it over the picture, I think that the big grey circle should act as a magnifying glass to see better what is under it.

But the image is offset, as you can see from the attach.

Moreover, as a photographer, I don't understand it's use.

Let me explain. I would like to be able to put the points that I sampled on a Curves level, in order to correct "by the numbers". This does not seem to be possible.

Thanks. Max

post-46079-0-77107000-1484814912_thumb.jpg

Hi AstroMax

The offset seem to be specific to the images you are using as I cannot get it to occur here. Are you able to attach or provide a link to one of the images you are using to help us replicate the issue?

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Graphic card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M

Monitor: Asus ProArt PA279Q

No windows scaling options.

Arrow pointer gives me correct image pixel size.

Same behaviour both in Photo and Develop persona.

Can you pls attach an image of  what you do see if you use my nef file at the same point (see my first post)?

Just to try to understand. Thanks, max

Certainly the screenshot below shows what I am seeing. I've have picked up a couple of issues with the loupe but not the one you are describing. Are there any other settings or background manager apps that may cause this offset?

post-30-0-28536000-1484823449_thumb.jpg

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

If zoom alone does not help, I would check, whether the scaling other than 100% is set in the windows display system settings. This often causes offsets, because PointFromScreen is miss calculated.

If zoom alone does not help, I would check, whether the scaling other than 100% is set in the windows display system settings. This often causes offsets, because PointFromScreen is miss calculated.

Screen is set to 2560x1440 pixel. Text dimensions in W10 control panel screen settings are set at 150% as recommended.

I have no problem in Lightroom with white balance tool at any enlargement: the "square" pixel grid shows always correctly what is under the tool.

Screen is set to 2560x1440 pixel. Text dimensions in W10 control panel screen settings are set at 150% as recommended.

I have no problem in Lightroom with white balance tool at any enlargement: the "square" pixel grid shows always correctly what is under the tool.

You could try it out with 100% as text dimensions to see whether it is it, so the developers would have a clear hint. Please logout from windows after doing so.

You could try it out with 100% as text dimensions to see whether it is it, so the developers would have a clear hint. Please logout from windows after doing so.

Did it, only difference is that I have to get nearer to the screen to read....

See attach. And zoom does not seem to help.

post-46079-0-04176400-1484832385_thumb.jpg

post-46079-0-62921300-1484832393_thumb.jpg

So windows scaling options is not the problem, one error source less.

Btw: There is a little delta between your screenshots and the one from Chris. You are on develop persona, where he is on photo persona. Maybe the difference is there?

I have tested it on my computer now in the develop persona, and was not able to reproduce it. Tested it on different personas with different zooms. Tried also other raw development settings, like lens correction etc.

I have tested it on my computer now in the develop persona, and was not able to reproduce it. Tested it on different personas with different zooms. Tried also other raw development settings, like lens correction etc.

Thanks.

It seems then that it has to do with some settings of my computer, but LR and PS behave correctly, so it is only with AP.

I am running out of ideas.... Suggestions are welcome...

After more investigation, it seems that this behaviour is related somehow to my screen resolution.

Now I able to correctly see underneath the "lens" in the upper part of the image (attach 1) but I am missing the lowest 2000 px of it! (attach 2). Notice that the lowest part of the lens is transparent.

post-46079-0-78155700-1484988148_thumb.jpg

post-46079-0-57156300-1484988156_thumb.jpg

SOLVED IT!!!!!!!!

- I have my Samsung 7 laptop connected via hdmi to my Asus ProArt monitor

- if I duplicate the laptop monitor, I get wrong AP info panel behaviour

- if I have only the external monitor active (2560x1440) then AP info panel is OK

Don't ask me why.... but I am glad I sorted it out. :)

If anybody will encounter my same problem now you know the solution!

(on the other hand, I have no problems with duplicate monitor in LR and PS, FYI)