You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I hope someone can guide me as I'm finding conflicting information and seek clarity.

My AP and AD takes ages to open.  I have seen postings relating to that - and I have seen postings saying after downloading the beta's there are improvement's on speed of opening.

That said I did it.   THEN I see a posting saying there is no need to download the beta's unless you are looking for a specific fault.

I downloaded the Macros and UI goodies and attempted to load them.

I have 2 readme files one refers to AP the other to AD - When I try to load the files for AP and unzip them they have AD logo's.

With AD and AP when I try to import the goodies it says they are not infinity files.  ?????????????

I unistalled the Beta on AP and AD.  Tried to import. Probably O.K. Am getting a little miffed so have not tried to use them yet.  

I've now got the slow loading again. Should I download the Beta's again?

What do I do?

Lastly - now I've decided to post again, I would like to say both negative and positive comments.

I am not a negative person.  I have been a loyal customer to Serif for so many years I can't remember when I bought my first package.  I have bought nearly everything they have produced and ALWAYS ALWAYS by the manuals.

Also I'm not in the habit of telling social media what I'm doing at any given moment.  Therefore WHY oh WHY have Serif in their wisdom not supplied a help line - albeit during certain hours to enable folk to ask question's and not feel awkward about posting comments because they don't have the wealth of knowledge the good folk on the forum have?

Will will get a manual. and if so when please?

I am very saddened and disillusioned with you Serif.  I thought better of you.  

That said it is worth repeating that the software is indeed very good.

Thank you in advance.

The macros are for AP & the UI goodies are for AD. There is a 'quickstart guide' included with the Grade UI kit that explains how to import the assets & palettes into AD & there is also a topic pinned to the top of this forum that covers this in detail.

Regarding help lines, they are very expensive to implement & maintain, particularly for products that are sold internationally, & this would be reflected in a significantly higher purchase price. Product support through these forums is excellent, available to anyone with an Internet connection, & (sometimes with the help of translation services) can be used by anyone speaking any of the languages the Affinity apps support.

If you do not feel comfortable posting here, you can just "lurk," using the site's search feature (or Google or Bing or whatever) to find topics about almost anything you might need help with -- it is very likely that several other people have already asked about whatever it is & received extensive, detailed answers from either the staff or other users.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

My answer is not definitive -- I am just another user like yourself -- but I hope it is helpful for you.

This forum really is a very friendly place, with a lot of users eager to help each other & share what they have learned. We have all been newbies at some point, & there are always new things for even the most experienced users to learn, sometimes from much less experienced users with a fresh take on things.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7