You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to get this mesh wrap setup in AF Photo 1.5 ?

Hi(Bonjour),

In the new affinity Photo presentation video ( www.youtube.com/194672406 ), at 00:13, we can see the mesh wrap tool applied on a drinking glass.

See the picture. (safari001.jpg)

When I try this tool and add handles, I get long lines from handle to handle and can't surround a contour like the glass in the video. Those lines cross all the photo to the rulers.

See the picture ( Affinity Photo 001.jpg)

How can I get this wrap setup?

Merci.

post-44657-0-05935200-1484785858_thumb.jpg

post-44657-0-30716500-1484785871_thumb.jpg

Je ne peux pas t'aider là-dessus mais je peux

pas non plus resister à te répondre Bonsoir!

www.kodiakmedia.at

TeamViewer: 668 015 544

If personal taste is involved,           Light is free,                       Mother Nature provides the light
discussion is pointless.                   capturing it is NOT.               but talent renders the image.
                                                                                                                        (Charlychuck)

In the new affinity Photo presentation video ( www.youtube.com/194672406 ), at 00:13, we can see the mesh wrap tool applied on a drinking glass.

I cannot find any YouTube video using this reference, & from the screenshot it does not seem like it could be a new one because it lacks the Tone Mapping Persona button. It would help if you could copy & paste the full URL from your browser into a post, so absent that as a reference point I can only offer some sketchy general advice.

I suggest starting in the Source mode with just the four handles showing. Drag them inward one at a time to roughly define the area you want to warp. As you click & drag on them, handles will appear which you can use to bend the contour to define the outer edges in a more rounded way, similar to using the Pen tool to define a shape. Then as you add new contour lines they will span only that outer contour. Switch to Destination mode, click Synchronize, & go from there.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Je ne suis pas un pro du Mesh Warp mais voici:

Once you selected the Mesh Wrap Tool select "Source", move the nodes where you need them. Now you just have to double-clic anywhere in your picture or on any border to add a node. You can add as much as you need. Once in "Destination" mode you can proceed with the deformation.

You should edit your post, the video is on Vimeo not Youtube. So the link should be http://www.vimeo.com/194672406.

Des heures de plaisir en perspective....

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

Je ne suis pas un pro du Mesh Warp....

D'Autriche, salut Alain!

www.kodiakmedia.at

TeamViewer: 668 015 544

If personal taste is involved,           Light is free,                       Mother Nature provides the light
discussion is pointless.                   capturing it is NOT.               but talent renders the image.
                                                                                                                        (Charlychuck)

Hi (bonjour),

Okay, my mistake with the video URL. It's on Vimeo. We can find it directly on affinity photo home page.

And I didn't catch the source and destination concept.

Thank you.

Salut,

Oui c'est mon erreur pour l'adresse du vidéo, il est sur Vimeo bien sûr.

Je n'ai pas réalisé le concept de la source et de la destination avec cet outil.

Merci

D'Autriche, salut Alain!

Bien l'bonjour Kodiak.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"