You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer - Multi-sheet printing?

Is there a way to print across multiple sheets of paper?

The design I am working on is 16" by 16"

I just want to print a proof across multiple sheets of paper.

When I attempt to print it seems it want to print on a single sheet of paper and I see no option to print across multiple sheets of paper.

Right now I have been exporting into another file format like PDF and using a PDF program to print but was hoping there was an easier way to do this.

Affinity Designer 1.5.1.43

Windows 10 Pro, i7, 32gb RAM, MSI GTX 970

Using it for Board game design/enhancements, icon designs for software development, design of items to be cut on laser cutters.

• Staff

Hi TurboCooler,

After you have setup your printer and paper size, you can use the scaling option, as this increases the amount of pages, depending on how large your image is and how many sheets are required. However I've exported to PDF before and have used the poster print options as for the moment they give a better idea of what the output will be like.

Thanks.  The export and use Poster Option is what I continue to use.  The other method does not give me what I want.  Hopefully this is addressed in a future update.  One of the features from AI that will make it hard for me to switch.  I went back to AI this morning and used the tiling feature to exactly what I wanted.

Affinity Designer 1.5.1.43

Windows 10 Pro, i7, 32gb RAM, MSI GTX 970

Using it for Board game design/enhancements, icon designs for software development, design of items to be cut on laser cutters.

Hi guys

I to am looking into this.

Would be great for me as I want to use Designer to make digital clothing patterns, I want to be able to export to .pdf and have all the pages separated.

I also want to place markers on each page so I can line them up afterwards.

Could we possibly get a developer to respond? I can guarantee you will get sales if we can use this for pattern making.

Thank You.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, beth1708 said:

I would like to have this feature also.

The place for feature requests is (perhaps not too surprisingly?) the Feature Requests, Suggestions and Feedback forum.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7