You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AP - Get image from scanner

• 1 month later...

Maybe it could be done anyway. My scanner works just fine. From my perspective, it's Affinity Photo that has the biggest issue because it doesn't even try. Photoshop and other image editing programs can use my scanner just fine.

Samsung printer/scanner with WIA drivers on Windows 10 x64. Photoshop CS6 x64.

I have posted this before, but I can now update. Bother VueScan and SilverFast work so that if you configure them to export to a file type (say jpg or tif) and you have Affinity as the default program for that file type, then Affinity will open the just-saved file automatically.

This behaviour almost (but not quite) renders scanning directly from Affinity redundant.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

As an update to my update, I said that after scanning with SilverFast, the image opened automatically in Affinity. That was with the trial version. Having now bought the paid-up version, it will no longer do so!.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630