You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Im using affinity designer and I can't figure out where the eraser tool is. I have an image pasted on one of my layers and I want to be able to erase a portion of the image.

also, In photoshop you can use a free form lasso to select part of an area and then delete it. I cant figure out how to do that in Affinity designer.

By default Affinity Designer works in vector mode (Draw Persona).

To get your normal image tools, change to Pixel Persona (although keep in mind that at heart AD is a vector design program with raster features, Affinity Photo might be a better match for image manipulation features).

eraserbrush.png

• 3 years later...
  • 9 months later...
4 hours ago, thatGuy said:

you can use the sculpt mode of the pencil tool to re-shape areas of your curve, ctrl/cmd+click while using the node tools deletes segments between nodes

Thank you very much for you reply.
The feature is very basic, not reliable, you have to be erase "only" what the app allows you to erase, not what you really want to erase!
Still very old fashioned not having vector eraser!

Please have a look at the vector eraser in Clip Studio Paint, Its really amazing, very helpful and allows fast drawing and then remove any unwanted parts of the line, not only segments between nodes.

Thanks friends for the interest and for all replays.
What I'm looking for is the impressive way of Clip Studio Paint eraser tool.
Please have a look at the video below to see how fast, easy, effective and helpful it works.

Affinity Designer is really cool app, I hope the good people behind it think in making the eraser works better>
Regards to all of you.

• 1 year later...