As plenty of users have pointed out you can do this in Photo with the perspective tool. You can do the exact equivalent of holding down the command key (Mac) in photoshop when free transforming. You can freely drag any corner in any direction. You can do this destructively using the Perspective tool on the tools menu or by applying the non destructive Perspective filter. It's a little hidden but once you have found it it's just as easy as in Photoshop.

11 minutes ago, DavidMac said:

As plenty of users have pointed out you can do this in Photo with the perspective tool. You can do the exact equivalent of holding down the command key (Mac) in photoshop when free transforming. You can freely drag any corner in any direction. You can do this destructively using the Perspective tool on the tools menu or by applying the non destructive Perspective filter. It's a little hidden but once you have found it it's just as easy as in Photoshop.

35 minutes ago, Fixx said:

skew.jpg

As plenty of users have pointed out they wanted to be able to do this in designer on. What if you don't have photo? It's a lot to pay for a tiny extra tool that could be easily implemented in designer. And if you want to achieve the result on a vector object. As for Fixx, again as has been pointed out multiple times, we know how to do that but this is not what we want to do.

40 minutes ago, ronanski said:

want to achieve the result on a vector object

I think we all want that feature.
We can't do anything but wait until Serif implements it. It's been requested so many times over the years that they are definitely aware of it. I even vaguely recall that one of the lead developers has acknowledged the lack of these features in an interview somewhere on affinityspotlight.com

44 minutes ago, ronanski said:

It's a lot to pay for a tiny extra tool that could be easily implemented in designer.

I'd assume that's a strategic business decission. And as far as I'm concerned, a pretty good one. After all, Serif is a "for-profit" company, not some alter-naive altruistic NGO. ;)

9 hours ago, ronanski said:

As for Fixx, again as has been pointed out multiple times, we know how to do that but this is not what we want to do.

This is skew. If you want other transformations ask for them with right name.

15 minutes ago, loukash said:

Yeah, that too, according to my English dictionary. :P

According to the dictionary built into the macOS, shear means to cut or break off. Skew means to twist, turn, or distort. The various online dictionaries include (but are not limited to) somewhat similar definitions.

So I think Affinity has not named the function correctly.

Affinity Photo 1.9.3, Affinity Designer 1.9.3, Affinity Publisher 1.9.3;  2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.92.236 & Affinity Designer 1.9.2 (showing 1.9.9) for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 14.4 (18D52)

Please see this Wikipedia article: Shear mapping

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher for Windows 1.9.2 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.9.2 • Designer for iPad 1.9.2 • iPadOS 14.4.2 (iPad Air 2)

9 minutes ago, R C-R said:

According to the dictionary built into the macOS, shear means to cut or break off. Skew means to twist, turn, or distort. The various online dictionaries include (but are not limited to) somewhat similar definitions.

So I think Affinity has not named the function correctly.

The word shear is not wrong. It's the name of the affine transformation.

It's used interchangeably with "skew." No reason to belabor it. I've seen "skew" far more often in graphics applications, and the lack of a reference to it in Designer has clearly caused aggravation. Affinity will at least fix the documentation or they won't.

10 hours ago, Stokestack said:

the lack of a reference to it in Designer

If you search affinity.help/designer/English.lproj/index.html for "skew", you will be shown as a result… wait for it: affinity.help/designer/English.lproj/pages/ObjectControl/rotateShear.html

Note that the word "skew" doesn't appear in the text itself, but apparently it's been included as a keyword in a search index somewhere.
On the gradient fill help pages, "(skewed)" is also referenced as synonym to "sheared".

Hope that helps.