You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Paste effects - "random" values bug

It seems that in both AD and AP is the same bug when copy/pasting layer effects: the fx parameters seem to somehow reflect target layer size (be it a shape or a pixel layer). So when for example an outer shadow of 22px blur, 30px distance is pasted onto a different layer, it gets pasted with 102,4px blur and 0px distance...

I haven't tried this with other effects.

Is this a bug or is there any "logic" behind this that I can't see?

Thanks!

UX/UI designer, IT analyst & consultant, Business Architect at Cool Ticket (www.coolticket.co).

MacBook Pro 13'' Early 2015, 3,1 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, Apple Thunderbolt Display 27'' (2560 x 1440).

• 5 years later...
On 1/19/2017 at 10:42 AM, Chris B said:

Hi guys,

This has been logged but it doesn't always mean it makes it into beta's or release builds. I will definitely poke the bug report as it is being raised often enough for concern. 

Hi Chris,

I hope somebody is about to look at it soon, it has been 5 years and the problem is still there.

I have to manually check all the effects after pasting.

I still love Affinity software and I consider many functions designed in really smart way...this is not one of them however.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.