You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

import ai files, also content outside artboards?

Hello dear Affintiy Team,

i just love your application, i am new and switching from illustrator.

I couldn't find this topic in the forum:

But how can i import content that is outside of an artboard from illustrator. (See Screenshot)

I use this space like a desk, so there are a lot of important information, and if i want to move to your app in total, i need this for all my old graphics from illustrator.

Thanks for reply.

Greetings Dirk

post-36904-0-64628000-1484650641_thumb.png

• Staff

Hi Dirk,

Welcome to the forums.

Any Illustrator documents that have objects on the pasteboard won't be present when opened in Affinity Designer. Once a file is open you can move objects onto the Pasteboard, but you may need to change the view mode first, View > View Mode > and uncheck Unclip to Canvas. 

• 4 weeks later...

I understand your pain. I also use that space like a table - I just decided to do all new work in Designer and eventually old work will just become obsolete. I am keeping illustrator just bit more to be sure I have no work related to old files, move what I need to Designer and leave Illustrator for good. Good luck in transition, brother ;)