You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Few drawing improvements

Hi,

I've finished my first drawing. It was great time to discover AD freehand drawing tools for me.

I try to utilize AD as freehand drawing app. I love vector and raster mixing in one place.

I've started with sketchbook photo and raster brushes to make composition sketch. Next part was vector drawing with Pen, Pencil and Brush.

I think Pen tool is great and intuitive but freehand drawing was very painful for me and I here are my freehand drawing improvements.

1. It would be great to have something like Clean tool. It can be something like brush but with size and tolerance option. When you draw a path with Pencil or Brush it has more points when needed. Clean tool can help reduce points with given tolerance and path is clean and simple.

Great inspiration is here

2. I think Pencil and Brush need redraw option. I mean, when path is active user can draw over and change it. It is very frustrating to draw part of image as one path, next part as next path etc. and connect them into one shape.

3. Because I can't clean or redraw my paths on the fly (1 & 2), I've tried to use brush, draw my shape, expand strokes and add them. It works but shape has so many points (it seems brush path is made from circles) and you can't use Pen to make quick changes. First you need to clean shape but it takes more time than drawing new one. I think expand stroke should give shape with needed points only.

4. It would be great to have vector eraser too. Sometimes it is fast and easy to erase part of shape.

Best,

Greg

Some good suggestions grzessnik. I especially would like to see a vector eraser. It is sometimes much faster and more intuitive to erase away an area...

• 8 months later...

A vector eraser is something that has been asked for by others and, at least once, by me.  It would make cleaning up a mistake or bobble so much faster and easier.  Plus you can do some interesting things with shapes and a vector eraser.  That's one of the things I miss from iDraw.

• Staff

No progress in that area so far, sorry... I'm trying to make boolean operations more reliable right now (that and a thousand other things I'm typing at 7 days a week!)

It'll get done - but I'm not sure when because there are other problems which are more limiting than this at present, so it's not at the top of the list... :(