You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is it possible to Highlight a Layer or Group with color?

I have a rather large project with multiple Groups & Layers & thought highlighting a few with a color would help find adjustments faster. Seems I've seen where this could be done with Affinity Designer but can't find out one way or another with searches. No biggie if it can't be done.

George-

Affinity Designer 2.0.0 Windows  · Affinity Photo 2.0.0 Windows  ·  Windows 11 Pro 64-bit   ·  AMD Ryzen 9-3900X 12-Core 3.80Ghz  ·  16Gb RAM   ·  Asus DUAL-RTX2070-O8G-EVO-V2 

Hi GARoss,

Right-clik a layer in the Laters panel and select Properties.... Note that this only works for layers created in Affinity Designer - third icon on the bottom of the panel counting from the right - they are labelled as (Layer) after the layer's name in the Layers Panel.

Thanks!

Affinity Designer 2.0.0 Windows  · Affinity Photo 2.0.0 Windows  ·  Windows 11 Pro 64-bit   ·  AMD Ryzen 9-3900X 12-Core 3.80Ghz  ·  16Gb RAM   ·  Asus DUAL-RTX2070-O8G-EVO-V2 

Hi GARoss,

Right-clik a layer in the Laters panel and select Properties.... Note that this only works for layers created in Affinity Designer - third icon on the bottom of the panel counting from the right - they are labelled as (Layer) after the layer's name in the Layers Panel.

Is the option available on windows version too? I can't seem to find properties amount the options when i right click a layer.

Follow me: Instagram | Dribbble

• Staff

Is the option available on windows version too? I can't seem to find properties amount the options when i right click a layer.

Yes, it is possible in Windows but only on a standard layer. It does not work on a pixel layer so that means you can't do it in Affinity Photo.

Would be nice to get color for layers in layers panel in WinAP too.

We use it a lot in Ps as our documents have tons of groups/layers

intel i7-3930K - 32Go - SSDs | Dual screen | Running last customer beta

Win 7 Pro SP1 x64 | nVidia GTX 680 - v376.33 | intuos 3 - v6.3.15-3

• Staff

Is this in a new document or an existing one? If it is an existing document, has it been imported from another app? I've attached a screenshot which may help.

As I said, make sure you aren't right-clicking a rasterized/pixel layer.

post-46-0-80698300-1484750699_thumb.jpg