You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export SVG from Designer, import to Canva

got lost...

- I have SVG file that, when imported to Canva.com project, has editable color (within Canva).

- When I open that SVG in Designer (with an intention to do some tweaks) and export it (without changing anything) to SVG, then when importing it to Canva, it looks ok, but suddenly the color is not editable.

- I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing wrong - or if any of the export setting is not right (I tried so many combination without any effect).

Attached files:

test-vctr.svg  ... original file that I'm importing to Designer (and it works as it is within Canva -- possible to change color)

test-aff.svg  ... exported above file (without any action) from Designer to SVG (when imported to Canva, color cannot be changed).

I know I'm discussing another online tool (Canva) here, but in general it's the export process within Designer that is causing "some" change in the workflow.

Anyone?

thank you

test-aff.svg

test-vctr.svg

• 2 months later...

sorry for the delay -- didn't receive notification on this post and had to run other projects meanwhile.

No, I didn't run DIFF on these (no idea how to do it).

Here're official requirements on Canva website. I guess some of the steps refer to AI, but regardless of export I try in Designer, I never get editable colors in Canva :(

• 7 months later...

test-vctr.svg uses fill="#4e1b44"

test-aff.svg uses style="fill:rgb(78,27,68);fill-rule:nonzero;"

I'm guessing canva does not support the latter.

As a side note, you have to remove xmlns:serif="http://www.serif.com/" from the svg files (use a text editor) to be able to upload to Canva. I guess this was added with the latest version of Affinity Designer.