You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[ADe] Set a default language for all files/text boxes?

Hello,

I don't usually do text-proofing on AD, so I would like a way to set the default text tool language to "None", otherwise all designs get scribbly red lines under the text which is terrible for working on the layout.

Also a way to set the language of *all* text boxes at once would be great.

• Staff

Hey fernandolins86,

Once you have changed the Language dropdown under the Character Panel to 'None' you can then go to Edit > Defaults > Save and any new frames in new documents should default to 'None'.

If you have an existing document with lots of frames, you can click drag over them all and change the language at once. 

Hi fernandolins86,

To avoid the red wavy lines under the text, expand the "Text" tab, click "Spelling" and uncheck "Check spelling when typing". Subsequent texts will no longer be highlighted in red regardless of the language used.

I hope that is what you are looking for.

post-37692-0-52741500-1484574084_thumb.png

Hey fernandolins86,

Once you have changed the Language dropdown under the Character Panel to 'None' you can then go to Edit > Defaults > Save and any new frames in new documents should default to 'None'.

If you have an existing document with lots of frames, you can click drag over them all and change the language at once. 

Hi Chris  B,

I have the impression that I did not answer the question of fernandolins86!

Thank you for your precise answer.

Hey fernandolins86,

Hi Chris,

The default worked great, thanks. I wonder why this is not in the Character panel top right menu as "Set as Default", though.

Regarding selecting all the frames, I wouldn't be able to because they're in groups. Is there a way to filter the layers panel to only text objects, or something similar do Illustrator's Select > Object > Text?

Hi fernandolins86,

To avoid the red wavy lines under the text, expand the "Text" tab, click "Spelling" and uncheck "Check spelling when typing". Subsequent texts will no longer be highlighted in red regardless of the language used.

I hope that is what you are looking for.

Hey reglico, thanks for that tip!