helloworld

Affinity Designer freezing/crashing in font dialog

7 minutes ago, paradepferd said:

I never saw any crash report.

Did you check the folder that @Mark Ingram mentioned?

51 minutes ago, Mark Ingram said:

Do you have any crash reports in %APPDATA%\Affinity\Designer\1.0\CrashReports? If so, can you upload here please?

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.11.85 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.1.1 (iPad Air 2)

Hold down the WinKey (the key with the Windows logo, to the left of the space bar on your keyboard) and then press and release the R key to display the ‘Run’ dialog. Release the WinKey, type or paste the folder path 

%AppData%\Affinity\Designer\1.0\CrashReports

into the box and press the ‘OK’ button.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.11.85 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.1.1 (iPad Air 2)

Ah, that would explain it! You’ve posted to a thread in the ‘Bugs on Windows’ forum: I suggest you create a new thread in the Bugs on Mac forum. :)

Alfred online2long.gif

Can't believe that this Thread is over 1,5 years old and this bug is still existing. Is it that hard to fix this issue?
I'm currently testing the Affinity Designer (Trial), but because of THIS Error I can't work with it at all.
I hoped to find in the Affinity Designer a good alternative to Illustrator,
but I can't get it work when I can not choose a Font / when it crashes everytime I'm choosing a font.

Sry, can't buy the Designer if this error is still existing (after 1,5 years)

Same problem with crashing Affinity Designer on Mac OS. I deactivated all manually added fonts in font manager. Still crashed, so I decided to even deactivate computer based fonts. Only a few needed system fonts are available now. Still crashing when I use the dropdown. This problem is now existing for months and I am not able to use the software anymore. Affinity Photo is also affected by the bug.

1 hour ago, julianwue said:

Same problem with crashing Affinity Designer on Mac OS. I deactivated all manually added fonts in font manager. Still crashed, so I decided to even deactivate computer based fonts. Only a few needed system fonts are available now. Still crashing when I use the dropdown. This problem is now existing for months and I am not able to use the software anymore. Affinity Photo is also affected by the bug.

Ok, after deactivate all possible Fonts and a reboot Affinity isnt crashing anymore. Now I activated the needed Fonts step by step and it still works.

I have the same problem with my affinity designer on windows 10, I'm trying to figure out which font causes the freeze. 

It has been like more than 2 years since the first problem report in this forum. Is this problem not technically solved yet?