Panlumix

Quick Mask and brushes

The normal brush does not work in quick mask on my windows version 15.023.20053,however if I use the color blend brush or the color replacement brush it works why?

Hey Panlumix,

Are you painting with white? Painting in white will add areas to the selection and painting in black will remove them so I'm guessing on the Colour Panel you have the black colour swatch as the current paint. Click the arrow to switch it with white and it should be fine.

That's odd! You can try resetting the app by holding Ctrl when you launch it, then click Clear when prompted. If you have any custom brushes I'd recommend backing them up. This short video will run you through it.

You are also welcome to try the beta.

I'm not aware of any known issues but saying that, in the release version, I managed to get it into a state where I couldn't switch between black and white in the Colour Panel using the arrow and when I painted, nothing happened. I'm currently trying to reproduce that but it might be related?

Edit - Make sure you don't have an invisible selection as this can stop the tool working. Press Ctrl+D to deselect anything and try again. 

I think I have found the problem it seems I had Wet Edges selected,which I did not see.Now I have deselected wet edges all is fine,how or why I selected this is a mystery however lesson learned.Thanks for your input Chris,I will keep in mind your suggestion on resetting should I encounter any other problems (which I hope I do not have).