You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Scroll Wheel Slider Adjustment

I'm trying to figure out how to adjust sliders.  As far as I can tell the primary way is to click and drag, this approach is fast but very crude (very hard to make detailed adjustments.  Alternatively you can enter a value manually or click on the up/down arrows (precise but very slow to do).

AfterShot Pro has a fantastic feature in that you just hover over the slider and then use your mouse scroll wheel to adjust.  This is extremely fast and precise.  It's a "killer feature".  Is there some way to enable this in Affinity Photo?  Am I missing something in Affinity?

The tutorial videos that Affinity provides are fantastic (essentially what sold me on buying and trying Affinity Photo), however it seems like they could use a tutorial video on some basics of using the user interface.  Much is obvious, a lot can be discovered by a bit of experimentation, but sometimes tricks like this are not easy to find (and thus should be in a video to explain and show them off).

• 5 years later...

Still works for me! Scroll wheel on it's own changes by one unit, +Ctrl in tenths and +Shift in 10s. (AFAIK, This works in all three apps in most boxes with most units except percentages.)

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

1 hour ago, PaulEC said:

Still works for me! Scroll wheel on it's own changes by one unit, +Ctrl in tenths and +Shift in 10s. (AFAIK, This works in all three apps in most boxes with most units except percentages.)

Cheers yeah found it out that it was ctrl that did it in 0.1 and not shift