You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

can someone please make a Shortcut Map for Affinity Designer for Windows?

Please build a list with the Mac shortcuts on one and matching Windows ones on the other side. So that every user can understand the tutorials.

Also I'm not sure if I'm using the wrong key, but shouldn't the Alt-Tab on Windows copy things along a line or something?

for a better description what I'm seaching for see here: https://youtu.be/FpIAJ6X2xmg?t=1m30s

Thanks in andvance! :)

Hi David, I only had a brief look at the video, but you can press alt, then click and drag to duplicate object in Affinity Designer for Windows, then press cntr-J to duplicate the action further along. There is a few variations to to the Windows and Mac version, but easy enough to get used to - nothing major :)

can someone please make a Shortcut Map for Affinity Designer for Windows?

Have you seen a list of keyboard shortcuts for AD on Mac, David? If so, it's pretty easy to translate them to their Windows equivalents:

Cmd = Ctrl

Shift = Shift

Option/Alt = Alt

Ctrl = LMB+RMB

I only had a brief look at the video, but you can press alt, then click and drag to duplicate object in Affinity Designer for Windows, then press cntr-J to duplicate the action further along. There is a few variations to to the Windows and Mac version, but easy enough to get used to - nothing major  :)

You can press Ctrl+J to create a duplicate of the selected object directly on top of the original one. If you then transform (i.e. move, resize and/or rotate) the duplicate, further presses of Ctrl+J will create additional duplicates with the same transformations applied.

post-8358-0-13585400-1484497590_thumb.png

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

The standard Windows behaviour is for Alt-tabbing to cycle through the currently open applications. The video only shows the use of the Option/Alt key on a Mac: the Tab key is not involved.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)