You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Sources panel for HDR Panoramics

Getting into the HDR side and tone mapping in 1.5

I notice that I can select a particular source when I make up a HDR image - and this is helpful in eliminating blurred lines from multiple images.

When I try and do a Pano HDR - following your tutorial vid - I lose all the sources from the Studio Sources panel.

Is this deliberate - or would there just be too much memory used for this?

I realise that I could source each HDR image before stitching together - but would it not be better to do this on a stitched image?

If processing each image before stitching is the way to go - then so be it, but an answer either way would be grateful.

• Staff

Hey Rigger, the sources panel is only populated for HDR merges - there's no such behaviour for the Panorama stitching. Currently, merging the images separately and exporting them as a 32-bit format to stitch them is the only way to achieve HDR panoramas.

That being said, I believe (although do not take this as gospel) there might be a plan for a future version to identify and merge bracketed shots when stitching panoramas, which may help achieve what you're after. Whether the process could include a populated sources panel, I'm not sure - it would certainly be handy.

Product Expert (Affinity Photo) & Product Expert Team Leader

@JamesR_Affinity for tutorial sneak peeks and more
Official Affinity Photo tutorials

That being said, I believe (although do not take this as gospel) there might be a plan for a future version to identify and merge bracketed shots when stitching panoramas, which may help achieve what you're after. Whether the process could include a populated sources panel, I'm not sure - it would certainly be handy.

yes PLEASEEEEE  :wub: