You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[ADe] Vector Magic Export - Blank Page on Import

Hi there,

I didn't put this in the 'bug' area because I'm not sure who has the bug.

However, in the past after I have got a result from Vector Magic I would usually double click the 'drag me' bit to open Illustrator (the default program to open .ai files) to then work on it.

After purchasing and getting myself to get used to AD I have made it the default program to open .ai files, which works nicely, however, when I do the process from Vector Magic it opens AD as expected but the result is a blank page.

I have had this since I had AD July 15 when I had Yosemite, it's the same for my 2015 iMac and MBP, and now is the same with OS Sierra on my iMac.

Screenies are attached. I just wondered if the bug was with AD with import or VM with export - or just some miscommunication between them.

And i'm not like - oh! it must be a convenient a step between them as possible - but I just thought I would mention it :) never know, might be a small thing to make the difference.

Vector Magic V1.18

post-15259-0-45400800-1484406904_thumb.jpg

post-15259-0-43142200-1484406912_thumb.jpg

post-15259-0-33666200-1484406930_thumb.jpg

AD just does not read plain .ai. Use some other save format (PDF, SVG, EPS), they work fine.

When you open .ai file with AD it reads PDF part of the .ai file, which VM does not write to .ai file.

It really would be nice if AD would read .ai even if latest format would not be supported.