You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Talking Heads, Stone Lion: Animation Project With Af

Kasper-V

Chatsworth House, Derbyshire, England. Two enormous carved lions, one sleeping, and one that looks as if you've just woken him up. I used Mesh Warp in AF to make all the different mouth shapes for speech and blinking eyes. The speech was poked and prodded in Audacity and GoldWave (it's a little creaky and a little sibilant -- but hey, who know what lion speech really sounds like?) I used Anime Studio (horrible software, but all I've got) to sync the mouth to the speech. 

Here's a small copy of the original: post-32784-0-54175300-1484398499_thumb.jpg

And here's the finished product: https://youtu.be/8N4AjXh_GHY

Brilliant!!! A lot of work. I'm going to take a guess at how you did this, or rather I will tell how I would do it and see if we work the same. Video the lips of the person doing the voice over. Create a film strip to capture all the frames, now the work begins, clone the lions mouth to the voice actors lips, frame after frame after frame after........Mount the moving lips on the top video track and reveal them via green screen on the main track, presto a talking lion rambling about eating some chic! I know, I know, just a figure of speech! I love your humor, give us more of your very creative work.

Cool, surprising, delicious!  :)

www.kodiakmedia.at

TeamViewer: 668 015 544

If personal taste is involved,           Light is free,                       Mother Nature provides the light
discussion is pointless.                   capturing it is NOT.               but talent renders the image.
                                                                                                                        (Charlychuck)

Thanks for all the positive comments. folks!

Solly, I'm working on another one, but you'll have to be patient ...

Aeros4, I tried that in the past, but the whiskers are a problem (mine, not the lion's). It's not difficult to mask off all but the lips, with the 'target' face on the layer below. Getting the right angle and perspective is just trial and error, but matching the lighting and colouring is tricky. My method is tedious and long-winded, but it gives me more control. Besides, I'm retired now, so I've got all the time in the world!

This is the current project so far. I probably won't use all of the layers, but I might have to add one or two more. I save each one as a separate png (with transparency) to use in the animation.

post-32784-0-70608000-1484839334_thumb.png