You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi JuanL,

Welcome to the forums.

You can resize the canvas within Document Setup by selecting a different page preset or manually adjusting the width and height. We do have a Vector Crop Tool available on the left hand side menu, this is used to crop selected objects or groups of objects.

Hope this helps.

I could use this too - the Document setup dialog isn't visual, so we'd have to make small adjustments and do trial and error.

Cropping an object isn't what we're after.

For me, I wanted to output a PNG with no extra white space- 

I suppose I could do this by grouping everything on the canvas, then selecting it the Export->Layers area and making a slice from that group

Yep that worked - but it would be great if the crop tool could also be used on the entire canvas as a way of changing the settings in the Document Setup Dialog.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I could also frequently use this.  The export doesn't seem to let you crop and export unless I missed it.  I ended up grouping all objects, then reducing the document size by trial and error until it was just right, then exporting.  I'm used to doing it in far less steps.  Any other solutions?

• Staff

Hi dopper,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Select the layers or objects you want to be included, then go to File ▹ Export... and select Selection with (or without) background from the Export dropdown on the bottom of the Export dialog. The exported image will have the size of the objects you selected.