Sign in to follow this  
Brian D

Assets panel causing workspace to crash and reset to factory

As the title says, the assets panel is occasionally causing AD to crash; and on reopening the entire workspace has been reset to factory. It's annoying to say the least.

Speaking of – I can't seem to find any way to back up my workspace?

Hi Brian,

Are you finding any specific steps within the assets tab causing a crash? I find it odd that it completely resets your workspace, does your list of recently used files get lost also?

There isn't currently a way to backup your workspace from inside the app, I think it would be useful though so will log an improvement.

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Seems to happen when I swap between collections of assets, but there's no other pattern. What I mean is it doesn't seem to be any asset collection in particular that's causing it.

My UI colour, and background colour are unaffected. It doesn't delete my recently opened menu... it just resets the entire studio: all panels disappear or reset along with their behaviours (eg the colour sliders swap back to the colour wheel), sets my toolbar back to single column, and removes any custom tools or layouts.

It's bizarre.

Ah ok, well thanks for the additional info.

I'll have a play around today and see if I can get it to crash. It is odd it is resetting your workspace, but you don't seem to be losing any other user settings.

Do you get a crash dump when it crashes that we could look at?

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Do you get a crash dump when it crashes that we could look at?

Just created one, attached below.

Seem to be able to replicate it by entering a term in the search box, then switching to a different asset collection.

assets crash.txt