You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hey guys.

One of the features that made me fall in love with AD&F was the way you can swipe on the Magic Mouse to pan around the document. Smooth and awesome.

Now I got AF for my Surface and miss that swipe panning experience, so I bought myself an HP Z8000 mouse. Well what a disappointment. Works like crap, misses clicks, can only scroll one way and never diagonally, and the horizontal scrolling seems to be imitating those mouse wheels that can be pushed sideways and isn't smooth at all. Total crap.

I CAN use my magic mouse on my Surface, but that's like putting a dog collar on my cat.

Any recommendations?

Those are cool, specially MX Master, but it's too big to carry around.

I was hoping to find a good touch mouse that would let me pan around the document like the Magic Mouse, but after such a big fail with the HP I'm kinda scared to try another one.

I ordered an MS Sculpt Comfort: https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/products/mice/sculpt-comfort-mouse/h3s-00003

It seems to have a lower profile that makes it a bit more portable without going all "hold me on fingertips", and that blue band with configurable swipe actions may be useful.

Fingers crossed and I'll share my experience.