Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
retrograde

Add new layer placement

3 posts in this topic

I think there should be an option to add a new layer directly above the selected layer.

Currently as far as I can tell, adding a new layer adds it to the top of all of the layers in the panel. This is not ideal when you have hundreds of layers and you just need a new layer above the current selected layer. For instance when you are organizing your element layers and need a container layer to dump a bunch of layers into...

If this is already possible can someone let me know? Cheers!

The default behavior is the one you look for, the new layer is added on top of the selected layer, not on top of the stack.

I don't even think the Assistant gives that option. I'm not sure why that's happening on your end :/

Andrew

---

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1

Dual Intel Xeon E5 v2 @ 2.10GHz Ivy Bridge-EP/EX 22nm Technology

RAM 32.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz

Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. Z9PA-D8 Series (Socket-R 2011)

3071MB NVIDIA Quadro K4000 (NVIDIA)

Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB ATA Device (SSD)

2794GB Hitachi HGST HDN724030ALE640 ATA Device (SATA)

The default behavior is the one you look for, the new layer is added on top of the selected layer, not on top of the stack.

I don't even think the Assistant gives that option. I'm not sure why that's happening on your end :/

That's not what's happening on my end. 1.55 B1 With any layer selected and I click on the add layer icon on the bottom of the panel a new layer gets added to the very top position in the panel.

Also sometimes when I hide a layer, the layer panel randomly selects a totally different layer and the jumps to that layer in the panel. Which can mean that the layer I just hid is no longer viewable in the panel without scrolling to find it...