You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo - Document thumbnails like Serif PhotoPlus x8

One of the features that I use frequently in Serif PhotoPlus X8 is the documents view at the bottom of the screen.  It shows thumbnails of the images that are open in the program so that I can easily move back and forth between images and know what I am clicking on.

Affinity Photo has tabs at the top with the names of the images, which is not helpful when they come straight out of my camera and have a number instead of a useful name.

Thanks!

• 8 months later...
On 1/12/2017 at 7:55 PM, AncientWire said:

One of the features that I use frequently in Serif PhotoPlus X8 is the documents view at the bottom of the screen.  It shows thumbnails of the images that are open in the program so that I can easily move back and forth between images and know what I am clicking on.

Affinity Photo has tabs at the top with the names of the images, which is not helpful when they come straight out of my camera and have a number instead of a useful name.

Thanks!

Ditto! Please, please, someone add the thumbnail feature like Serif PhotoPlus X8. I bought Affinity Photo 1.5.2.69 because PhotoPlus was getting so terribly slow, but then I had problems with Affinity crashing, and I found it very frustrating not having thumbnails at the bottom.  I tried moving the tabs down to the workspace and resizing each image so I could see a dozen or more photos at once, but it was very time consuming. So I went back to PhotoPlus X8 and used Windows Explorer to drag and drop photos, but I still have to sit and wait patiently each time I save a file. However, as of the latest Windows 10 update, I can't even open PhotoPlus X8 or uninstall to reinstall it. So now I'm forced to use Affinity 1.5.2.69. I like most everything about it, but not having thumbnails automatically open at the bottom of the screen is a major disadvantage to the way I work with photos. Is anyone working on adding that feature?