You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

My Style Cogs have turned into CATS!

Last night Windows 10 Pro performed another update .On starting up my computer this morning  I found I had lost all the plugins brushes palettes etc I had imported into AD & AP. Then this evening  while I was busy re importing everything I noticed the COGS shapes in the STYLES tab had changed into cats.. and I have no idea how or why.. Am I too tired to figure it out or what? Am I going crazy

post-34721-0-96105700-1484231622_thumb.jpg

Hi LyricsGirl,

Its Friday the 13th this is just a little easter egg we have implemented :)

C

Easter eggs in the middle of January??  :o :P whistling.gif

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

It's Friday the 13th this is just a little easter egg we have implemented :)

It is not yet Friday the 13th on this side of the pond. You could have waited a few more hours before posting this -- as it is you have ruined the surprise for many of us.  :angry:

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

It is not yet Friday the 13th on this side of the pond. You could have waited a few more hours before posting this -- as it is you have ruined the surprise for many of us.  :angry:

It's only just Friday the 13th on this side of the pond! You'd have thought Callum might have waited at least until early morning here in the UK, when it will already be Friday in most of the Americas but also still Friday in Australasia. :blink:

Alfred spacer.png

• Staff

There is no surprise to ruin, this is not a secret, it's an Easter Egg to look forward to, so better to know and look out for it in my opinion

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Maybe Patrick is right. Since I usually leave AD running in the background, I was a bit disappointed when I did not see the cats in the styles panel this morning. Had I not found out about this, I would not have restarted the app & missed it.

Regardless, this is just more evidence of something I have suspected for a while now: the Affinity staff are not cat lovers, they are in fact mutant cats masquerading as humans!  :lol:

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 3 years later...
On 1/12/2017 at 8:35 AM, Callum said:

Hi LyricsGirl,

It's Friday the 13th this is just a little easter egg we have implemented :)

C

your easter eggs are interfering with work.....had to click 20 times instead of once to find the gradient i wanted.

Please stop this.

Gary

Windows 11 Pro, Ryzen 9 7950x, 64GB DDR5 6000mhz, Nvidia 4080 OC 16gb, Dell 38inch curved monitor.

31 minutes ago, thegary said:

Please stop this.

Please don’t get too stressed about it. The last one was in March and the next one isn’t until August 2021.

Alfred spacer.png

4 hours ago, Alfred said:

Please don’t get too stressed about it. The last one was in March and the next one isn’t until August 2021.

Not stressed out about it. Just one thing I don't need to look at while working.  In film we are outputting 100's of files day. This slows things down and it doesn't need to be there.

thats all..

Gary

Windows 11 Pro, Ryzen 9 7950x, 64GB DDR5 6000mhz, Nvidia 4080 OC 16gb, Dell 38inch curved monitor.