You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello,

in the AD document settings dialog, the CMYK profiles displayed correctly,

but:
In the printer dialog panel no CYMK driver profiles are displayed.  ( only RGB printer profiles displayed)

All CYMK Printer Profiles .icc are available in the Windows path c:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color.

In AP I imported the icc profiles for CMYK printers, but they do not appear in the printer dialog anyway.

With Greetings from Frankfurt am Main / Germany,

Pinnochio

post-42697-0-76633500-1484211965_thumb.jpg

post-42697-0-34759200-1484211971_thumb.jpg

post-42697-0-00223400-1484211976_thumb.jpg

• Staff

Hi Pinnochio,

Welcome to the forum.

When on the Print window and you select Printer Profile the dropdown will show RGB profiles that are available as they are mainly supplied with Windows and with your printer drivers. The same applies to another photo app I have installed and tested.

Which printer do you have and which CMYK profiles are you wanting to select?

The Ricoh CL7200/7300 I have and wanted to select the cymk printer profile Coated FOGRA39 (ISO 12647-2:2004).

Alle printer color profils are in the windows path c:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color and in the AD Path C:\Program Files\Affinity\Affinity Designer\Resources\icc.

Although I have chosen the cymk/8 profile in document setting, in the printer dialog no CYMK profiles display in the list (only RGB driver profiles are displayed).

The FOGRA39 and other CYMK printer profiles are installed on my PC (command: windows right mouse click + profile install).

In Acrobat and Indesign, all CYMK profiles can be selected and processed correctly. However, in AD & AP no CMYK printer profiles are in the selection list.

Windows icc profiles for CMYK & RGB printer can be download via Google "Adobe ICC profiles for Windows".

My guess: AD does not recognize the Postscript printer drivers. In this case, CYMK printer profiles would have to be displayed.

My bridge solution: AD export -> pdf,  printing with Acrobat.

• 2 years later...

AFAIK it's a Win version bug and already discussed actually here. - BTW wonder how this older thread popped up top now.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2