You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Blur tool not working?

Infinity Photo ver. 1.5.1

Working on a photo (pixel layer).  The 'blur' tool isn't doing anything.  Everything else (tools, filters) seems to be working perfectly.

I've noticed this happening before.  I'm wondering what I might be doing, or not doing, inadvertently.

All ears,

Ben

• 3 years later...
On 10/6/2020 at 1:28 PM, Chris B said:

Hi Maz42,

Yes the Blur Tool does seem to be affected by Metal being enabled. With it off, it's much stronger. That looks like the key all along. Thanks for the info!

Yes, it works with 'Metal on', but very subtle, as you mentioned. What bothers me more is that the blur tool (also the median tool) still switches to transparency when used in APhoto 1.8.4 MAS and APhoto 1.9.0.199 Beta (intel). The sharpen tool does not (in my case). 

Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-12 um 08.20.40.png

iMac 2017, 16 GB RAM, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB, MacOS Ventura 13.6.6 (22G630) - Affinity V2-Universallizenz 

• Staff

Hi Puck,
It doesn't change to transparency. It's the brush's preview that's not working. It sill affects the image if you paint with the Blur tool in that state. This is already logged to be looked at. If you want you can disable Brush previews in the Preferences, User Interface section (untick Show brush previews) however this setting affects all brush tools.

On 1/12/2017 at 1:20 PM, Chris B said:

We have an issue logged where Opacity doesn't seem to make a difference but the tool itself should be working.

It's now been three years, any chance that this will be fixed at some point?

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

3 hours ago, MEB said:

It doesn't change to transparency. It's the brush's preview that's not working.

Hi MEB, that's what I meant. I'm sorry if I didn't express myself correctly ...

iMac 2017, 16 GB RAM, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB, MacOS Ventura 13.6.6 (22G630) - Affinity V2-Universallizenz 

• 3 years later...
  • Staff

The issue "Blur Tool: blur effect quite subtle if Metal compute acceleration is enabled" (REF: AF-2268) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.5.0.2375".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Affinity Info Bot to notify us.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.