You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

ronniemcbride

So I find that sometimes when you mess around trying to figure ways of doing thing you tend to stumble across new things.

I encourage tinkering around you might stumble across  something interesting you can use in your work later.

I was messing around with creating my own pixel based texture brush and I came across something interesting. 

I could actually make a somewhat fake 3d brush from a shaded rounded brush.

rivet-noodle.jpg

doodle-2.jpg

love-hurts.jpg

That is CRAZY! Great effect, Ronnie! :D

I know it kind of reminded me a bit of the 2.5D effect you get with some of tools in http://pixologic.com/

What really blows me away is the fact  that there no effects on this. it is just a pixel based brush so you computer does not take a hit in speed processing it. I mean Affinity fast but if you start piling on a bunch of effects it going to eventually chug but it still takes a lot!

This is very cool. I have some really cool ideas in mind with this effect that I am getting from this!. I added a new image up top.

whoa. When I first saw that image, I thought it was from ZBrush's 3D sketching tool. My noggin is boggled. :D

There's so many ways that effect could be used. Thanks for sharing, Ronnie. Fun stuff. Extremely fun.

Mac OS X Catinlina, 2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Huion Kamvas Pro 22 Graphic Tablet, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || Magic keyboard w/numeric keypad, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball || Flux Capacitor in a secure location

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?

whoa. When I first saw that image, I thought it was from ZBrush's 3D sketching tool. My noggin is boggled. :D

There's so many ways that effect could be used. Thanks for sharing, Ronnie. Fun stuff. Extremely fun.

Yes, Z-Brush was also my first impression :-)

Really cool Ronnie! Very nice done, interesting ideas!

Thanks Everyone! Yah, I totally was like this feels likes zbrush painting. It totally was accidental. Love when an accident happens I got a cool effect  to use in my tool box and some ideas about how i could try other things with the tool brush. got some mixed media type ideas brewing in this head.

Medusa say's she wants you to do her next haircut! :lol:

You always amaze this forum with your art.

I don't know about amaze but I will humbly accept your compliment.  :)