Hofnaar

Problems with gradient overlays in Develop Persona

for the current v1.5.1.52 and the version before in the RAW/Develop Persona

Sometimes I get the problem when I make 2 or more gradient or elliptic overlays that one of the overlays will stop working with lights and shawows panel.

I think the transitions of the gradients are still very harsh too, even when I make them very big to smoothen it

Hi Hofnaar

Do you have some screenshots that demonstrate the issue you are getting?

Also regarding the gradient transition have you tried adjusting midpoint slider on the gradient? 

Ahhh yes! At the time I was looking at it I had a Radial Gradient placed which does have the mid point slider (as does the Elliptical), however Linear doesn't. I'll get this raised with development!

look forward to it :)

what is about the second problem with lights and shadows slider?

I did ask if you could attach some screenshots that demonstrate that as I was unable to reproduce it. 

Thanks for that Hofnaar,

Looking at the video myself and having a quick play it appears to break if you switch from one overlay that has Shadows & Highlights enabled to another one that has it enabled. The sliders will then refuse to change, however un-ticking and re-ticking the box it will then start to work. Would that match up with the other times you've experienced that?

un-ticking and re-ticking the box is a general problem also for the presets in develop persona. Not very usefull yet.

Ok, we found 4 Problem in summ here

- no mid slider for linear gradients
un-ticking and re-ticking some boxes when you have more than 1 gradient

un-ticking and re-ticking presets to activate the current preset
- and in addition: it would be nice to have flow or opacity for the gradient brush

(i know there is opacity for each gradient channel, but that is not the same in some cases)

un-ticking and re-ticking the box is a general problem also for the presets in develop persona. Not very usefull yet.

Ok, we found 4 Problem in summ here

- no mid slider for linear gradients

un-ticking and re-ticking some boxes when you have more than 1 gradient

un-ticking and re-ticking presets to activate the current preset

- and in addition: it would be nice to have flow or opacity for the gradient brush

(i know there is opacity for each gradient channel, but that is not the same in some cases)

The first 3 are now reported, the presets is a known issue and already with development. For the Flow/Opacity for the Gradient brush you mentioned it would be best to create a post in the Features Request forum for this.

Thanks again for letting us know

On 11/01/2017 at 9:39 PM, Hofnaar said:

for the current v1.5.1.52 and the version before in the RAW/Develop Persona

Sometimes I get the problem when I make 2 or more gradient or elliptic overlays that one of the overlays will stop working with lights and shawows panel.

We believe this is fixed in the current 1.6 mac and windows betas and will be included in the forthcoming 1.6 release

Patrick Connor
Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Latest releases on each platform