You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

From Mansfield, England to Mansfield, Ohio

Franklin

A couple years ago I was in Mansfield, Ohio for Miss Ohio Week (part of Miss America Scholarship Program) and learned that there is an exchange program of sorts with Mansfield, England. Miss Mansfield and Sherwood Forest of England - Jessica Boot, participated in activities including singing and playing guitar on stage. Mansfield, Ohio is where Miss Ohio Scholarship Program finals have been held for a number of years.

I shot this with a Panasonic FZ35, 800ISO, 1/30th sec. I was informed that Affinity is located not far from Mansfield, England so will share a photo of Jessica, processed in Affinity Photo. I'm still learning what all can be done with this software, picking up a tip or two by browsing the forums here.

The Panasonic does not have the resolution and low-light prowess of mid- to high level dslrs but is not bad for what it is. On this occasion was not sure photography would be allowed at all, as some years only certified press/contract photographers are permitted to shoot, and the Panasonic was what I had with me. Photo taken from about half way back in the theater. File cropped slightly and downsized for sharing.

post-47691-0-23772100-1484166482_thumb.jpg

Cool take Franklin!

For B&W rendition not important but, for RGB,

I would suggest a BG colour replacement to a

more complementary one! :)

www.kodiakmedia.at

TeamViewer: 668 015 544

If personal taste is involved,           Light is free,                       Mother Nature provides the light
discussion is pointless.                   capturing it is NOT.               but talent renders the image.
                                                                                                                        (Charlychuck)

Hey Franklin, I'm from Mansfield and remember seeing Jessica in all the local papers a couple of years ago and seeing this very same image, small world  :P

Yes, I was happy she wanted to use it. I am friends online with a family who went across the pond to visit her in her homeland. 

In the photo above, stage background lighting for this production was in a constant state of flux from reds to orange to yellow to green to blue to purple etc. . . . 

Jessica at an appearance at a Mall in Mansfield, Ohio. She graciously gave me a moment and I took it. Found the raw file for this one so processed it in Affinity Photo 1.5.1. D600 and old nikkor 28-105 3.5-4.5D lens that I picked up on ebay for $150. If there's no other lenses around, can get by with it. That's the only full-frame walk around lens I had at the time.

post-47691-0-46536100-1484296895_thumb.jpg