fernandolins86

[ADe] Blurry pixels with integer values

Hello everyone,

I spent quite some time searching for a topic on blurry pixels but couldn't find any. But I'm sure I must be not the only one with this issue.

I'm drawing pixel-thin icons for an app and I can't seem to get shapes to look sharp in Pixel preview (either regular or retina).

I've attached a gif showing how even though the X, Y, W and H values are integers and the stroke is one pixel thin, the shapes show up very blurry.

Thanks,

Fernando

post-43463-0-43662200-1484154322_thumb.gif

Hi fernandolins86,

Make sure Force pixel alignment is ticked in the Snapping Manager (or enable it in the main toolbar) to prevent this from happening. Then check the stroke alignment - change it to inside or outside. By default one pixel strokes are split between two rows/columns of pixels when Alignment is set to centre.

Also related to this issue: pixel-by-pixel snapping seems to only work at 100%, 200%, 300%, 400%, etc zoom. At any value between the "hundreds" the shapes snap to half-pixels (110% ~ 120% ~ 130% ... 190% ~ 499% ~, etc.)

Also related to this issue: pixel-by-pixel snapping seems to only work at 100%, 200%, 300%, 400%, etc zoom. At any value between the "hundreds" the shapes snap to half-pixels (110% ~ 120% ~ 130% ... 190% ~ 499% ~, etc.)

I can't seem to reproduce this.

Just tried drawing shapes out using the UI Design snapping preset and they remain snapping to the pixel grid at all different zoom percentages. It maybe that it's zooming to other objects on the page such as curve nodes that may not be pixel aligned. Do you have a video/screenshot/document that demonstrates this?

I can't seem to reproduce this.

Just tried drawing shapes out using the UI Design snapping preset and they remain snapping to the pixel grid at all different zoom percentages. It maybe that it's zooming to other objects on the page such as curve nodes that may not be pixel aligned. Do you have a video/screenshot/document that demonstrates this?

Hi Sean,

Here's a video of the issue. I'm running latest public Windows 10 and latest public Affinity Designer @ 2560x1080

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2273140/ice_video_20170118-141440.mp4