You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export multiple layers as individual files

• Staff

Hi Opera, 

Yes, take a look at the Export Persona. You can create a slice for each layer (select the layers in the Layers panel in Export Persona then click the Create Slice button on the bottom to create slices for them all) and export it to whatever format and specs you want. For more info on exporting slices please check the 11. Saving, exporting and sharing section in the In-house Affinity Designer Video Tutorials thread.

• 3 years later...

I don't want to export the layers as slices, I want to export them as layers. I don't want them trimmed, but to retain the whitespace I have created around them. Could you please add Export Layers functionality so we don't have to make all those extra steps? Small annoyances like this stops me from changing from Photoshop.

4 hours ago, digitelle said:

I don't want to export the layers as slices, I want to export them as layers. I don't want them trimmed, but to retain the whitespace I have created around them.

If a layer actually includes whitespace (for example, a rectangle with no fill or stroke but has some vector shapes nested in it) then in the Export Persona's Layers panel, if you select it & use the "Create Slice" button, that will create a slice with the dimensions of the rectangle.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

On 3/20/2020 at 7:21 PM, digitelle said:

I don't want to export the layers as slices, I want to export them as layers. I don't want them trimmed, but to retain the whitespace I have created around them. Could you please add Export Layers functionality so we don't have to make all those extra steps? Small annoyances like this stops me from changing from Photoshop.

Edited by Santolino
delete pls

On 3/20/2020 at 11:44 PM, R C-R said:

If a layer actually includes whitespace (for example, a rectangle with no fill or stroke but has some vector shapes nested in it) then in the Export Persona's Layers panel, if you select it & use the "Create Slice" button, that will create a slice with the dimensions of the rectangle.

super..this is what i need...but lets say i have 3 layers with each 120 vectors inside, how i but this 240 vectors in one separate layer each..

hope you understand what i mean..cheers

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I have a map with several different layers in Designer.

For export, I have a file in Publisher where I have the map linked with the page layout, map title, legend, etc.

What is the best way to export multiple layers with the same page layout, and different titles ?

Right now, I'd have to each time manually select and deselect the layers I want visible and then go to publisher to export each map.

Thank you for any advice!
D

1 hour ago, The D said:

Right now, I'd have to each time manually select and deselect the layers I want visible and then go to publisher to export each map.

Is this one page? I think you could use Designer's Export person to do this.

Of course I don't know how complex the map is, and what you need exported.

It may be easier to make a temporary working document and just duplicate the Designer Artboard and turn off/on the layers there in Designer and then export each Artboard.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

I believe this falls under the same question - if I created a composition of various shapes, curves, etc that I want to then export as individual layers so that I can then import into an animation software (After Effects, Motion, Blender, etc) and animate, the individual layers do not import in the same positions in X & Y space as they are in Designer, but rather centered. So, when I go to import I get a "deck of cards" situation where all of the layers are stacked directly on top of one another rather than being laid out how they are in the composition that I created. Is this indeed the case or am I missing something? 

• 2 years later...

For anyone still struggling with this, I found that the Symbols feature is the answer.

For example, if you find yourself repeatedly toggling layers on and off each time you export your page or a slice, you can instead use Symbols to have duplicate/linked content where you get to choose whether edits apply to all linked copies, or just the one you are working on. In this way, you can consider each instance of the symbol as an exportable variant of your design. You can even create new slices from each one with a single click.

Symbols saved a TON of time and allowed me to remove all my duplicated objects, AND now I can export all my design variants with a single click in the Export Persona.

https://affinityspotlight.com/article/how-to-use-symbols-in-affinity-designer/

It's a lot of text to read, but the video does a great job explaining it very quickly. The end bit where he turns Symbol "sync" off and on while making edits is the key!

Edited by wallaby
added missing word