You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

drawing straight lines in pixel persona

Hi

so i think it would be really really fantastic if it would be possible to draw straight lines in pixel persona with paint brush tool while holding a key..

and it would be overcool if there would be an option with drawing like that with specific angles:)

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Yeah, this is what I really really really want so bad. I mean I love Affinity (I bought all 3 products: AD, AP. Workbook). I really do, but for drawings (especially for all sorts of perspective drawings),  a straight line drawing tool is so essential.

Hi Baska,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Press and hold ⇧ (shift) and click (don't drag) on the canvas to draw a line from the previous click (or end of drag/paint) to the next.

Currently there's no way to restrict it to specific angles.

I appreciate all the all the time and effort you guys put in your Affinity products. But this is a really poor straight line solution. Maybe, I don't want to continue the line frome the previous click I clicked somwhere over the canvas. I really can't work with that. It is really useless (because I can't work precisely with this crosshairs cursor).

Please create a drawing line tool like in krita (with better cursor hellp/view). Just click precisely and then drag it excactly all over the canvas to the point where you would like to draw.

Here a really simple example, what we would like to have like in Krita (simple - with angle - line drawing tool): http://imgur.com/a/KwqPt

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

The current issue with using the shift click option for straight lines is that it doesn't register the pressure of each 'initial click, AT ALL.  So at present it's simply impossible to make a straight line with a constant pressure. The way this feature should work in my humble opinion is that the initial pressure IS recognised. I attached two images, one made is PS and the other in AP. There is no comparison in quality unfortunately. The only way round this I have found is to start at A, go to B, then go back to A again, but then you always have thick ends and a thin section in the middle. It also takes twice as long and doesn't look half as good. We illustrators and digital artist really need this feature to work better. Please make us happy.

The Shift click feature request (which I've noticed isn't on the feature request index? Why?) to have horizontal and vertical lines is also SO important. This is connected to the above issue also in that in PS you can vary the pressure of a perfectly horizontal or vertical line exactly as if using a ruler. And it looks real nice.

straight lines shift and shift click PS.jpg

straight lines shift click AP.jpg