You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Trial version is only 1.4.3?

Hello guys,

a friend of mine is trying photo right now and has some performance issues on his macOS Sierra (macbook pro, 8GB RAM, 2,6GHZ i5)

it jiggles while zooming in/out and slide through a picture

I tried to help him and we saw that his trial is only 1.4.3.

Is this right??? I think this is a bit odd. Should be a trial does not reflect a current version to test?

• Staff

Hey Hofnaar,

This is typically quite normal for the trials. We never want the trials to be more recent than the release and with how often we release beta's, there isn't enough time for development to keep updating the trials as they are so busy. 

We will be working on updating to 1.5 once it is stable enough. 

Thanks for the fast response. :)

From a point of view of a customer it makes no sense for us to try out a programm, that doesn't reflect a current version even in performance and stability. hmmm...

Which reason has the customer to buy a software that doesn't run proper?

And of course, the price of your software is a game changer, but we think a trial period of only 10 days is also a bit curious.

• Staff

Hey Hofnaar,

I think it is a matter of perspective. If you try the trial and enjoy it, you have the satisfaction of knowing that the retail version is not only more up to date and potentially stable, but could also have additional features.

I have tried many apps over my time in the industry and many limit the available features in trials. We thought it would be better to give you access to everything that is available so you can really get stuck into using the app for 10 days rather than only give you a handful of features for an unlimited time. 

As I said, we will be updating to 1.5 soon enough and your comments will be taken onboard. It wouldn't be acceptable for us to release the trial in a beta state either as they are not as stable as trials or release versions. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.