You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta (1.5.2 - Beta 3)

• Staff

Purpose: Fixes

Requirements: Purchased Affinity Photo (1.5.1)

Mac App Store: Not Submitted

Download: 1.5.2 - Beta 3

Hello everyone,

This is the third in a series of customer beta builds intended to improve the stability of the new 1.5.1 App Store version of Affinity Photo. We'll be doing these for a few weeks, then we will update the App Store version. This beta will sit alongside the App Store version and not interfere with it - although your settings will not be shared between the two versions.

As this is a stability beta, it is suitable for production work and should be used in preference to the App Store version if you need any of the fixes it contains.

Fixes

- Pending

Thanks,

Affinity Photo Team    :ph34r:

I don't think so

so what about the MAS versions, can we get our lost macros back?

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/31346-vanishing-macro-library-and-crashing/?p=160332

... and selection of multiple layer (ranges)?

and live perspective filter still crashes AP 

and the left/ right panel visibility is not resolved either

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/31045-hide-left-panel-not-good/?p=150631

my rafs are still open as black pictures with beta 3 in Lion, i think we can install in Lion but there's no raw support for it, is it that ? also i develop and come back to develop persona, does it loose some datas of the raw ?

other than that it should be cool if it can be possible to stop a current operation after a mistake like click on develop or HDR for example by a cross in the little window of the baregraph… thanks

other than that it should be cool if it can be possible to stop a current operation after a mistake like click on develop or HDR for example by a cross in the little window of the baregraph… thanks

Point to be noted sir!.. this kind of "immediate stop" must be in every action...

I can't delete any selected layer with using delete key from the macbook keyboard (backspace)... some bug??? 

.. open any image

create simple layer

select the newly created layer

press "Delete" button (macbook keyboard)

the selected layer is deleted

now create another layer

press.. Command+Delete (macbook backspace)..  it showed me fill color studio

press escape to close it

now press backspace.. delete or whatever key... but layer can't be deleted....

i meant interrupt long processing for big work of old computers, not for all my bad clicks, for the rest it's always possible to come back by using edition menu  ;

to delete i'd prefer click right on a selected object, i usually use back space for characters to minimize risks with bad multiselection .

in zoom mode the picture could be moved with hand tool by spacebar if i put the trackpad button, it's also possible to stay in hand tool and press cmd to obtain the zoom and ability to select a zone, but for more perhaps you should consider zoom mode as a temporally tool, i think like osx the best and simple way is not the more visible but the more direct and efficient .

I can't delete any selected layer with using delete key from the macbook keyboard (backspace)... some bug??? 

.. open any image

create simple layer

select the newly created layer

press "Delete" button (macbook keyboard)

the selected layer is deleted

now create another layer

press.. Command+Delete (macbook backspace)..  it showed me fill color studio

press escape to close it

now press backspace.. delete or whatever key... but layer can't be deleted....

I have tried this on my Mac, but I do not seen this behaviour. I can't replicate it. Do You have made some keystrokes for actions? On what machine, OSX do you work?

I've seen the issue with the Mac 'delete' (backspace) key on Apple wireless / laptop keyboards in the current production version and the betas I've tested (including this one). The fn-delete combination works but as they're at opposite ends of a Mac keyboard it's a pain. This was NOT the behaviour prior to v1.5 so seems to have been introduced with that release. Bug report already logged but no real feedback as yet.

32-Bit mode - Lens Distortion has the same error the blurs used to have. No idea how long that's there, I rarely use lens distortions. 

To verify: Open any 32-Bit file, add Lens Distortion, nest it to a group and the blocks will appear. Take it out of the group and it looks normal again. Only seems to happen with positive values in Lens Distortion. Negative values look normal.

General Bug (always been there)

Layer blend options: Set two channels to zero, the layer becomes invisible while at 100% opacity.

What I'd expect: I set G and B to zero, now only a view to the red channel should be available at full opacity.

is this: 

really the last beta?

I'm confused as the date of the posting dates back to 2017

Mac print publishing X-Press & Adobe hostage, cooking on extrem high level, subscribing with joy to US Cooks Illustrated & Foreign Affairs, the british Spectator and the swiss Weltwoche - absolute incompatible publications 

is this: 

really the last beta?

I'm confused as the date of the posting dates back to 2017

Hi bruzenstein I don't think so.

Until we'll keep reporting bugs here... And according with the posts there's still a lot to do for the Affinity developers team. Just lets give them the time to work on it.

Hi bruzenstein I don't think so.

Until we'll keep reporting bugs here... And according with the posts there's still a lot to do for the Affinity developers team. Just lets give them the time to work on it.

This is a misunderstanding.

I only wanted to make sure, if I download this very beta dated 2017, I'l get he current one on my Mac

Mac print publishing X-Press & Adobe hostage, cooking on extrem high level, subscribing with joy to US Cooks Illustrated & Foreign Affairs, the british Spectator and the swiss Weltwoche - absolute incompatible publications 

Is this update recommended for those who are still on El Capitan?

it works on my mac so far without hickup

Again, on my machine it's working correct. Strange though. 

Please take a look at following screenrecording uploaded on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1OM6BRxJv8&feature=youtu.be You can notice how abnormally Persona is behaving in APb. You can see what keyboard keys am i pressing..

at 00:45 onwards when Persona is opened...

in the beginning the default Hand tool is active, and that works fine.. 

now press the zoom button, and hold the spacebar.. this should only pan/drag the image.. not zoom can you see that?

You can see.. on all commands, it's now dragging.. even without spacebar hold...

Are you sure you were on the correct layer when switching the persona?

I think your words rose one more question in mine... if the layer is not active switching persona should give an alert to at least select any layer.... otherwise, whatever layer i want to put effects on, can't that layer be used under persona?.. I think we can. this is not compulsory to be an image. Because in digital paintings... some post effects on overall image (illustration) can be applied using persona.

The problem you're showing here seems to me the "pan tool lock" issue that appeared at certain point.

It is a problem of both AP and AD.

Sometimes panning with spacebar "locks" and (as quick workaround) you have to hit space one more time to unlock. 

I'm sure they are aware and fixing it.

The white dog, making tools for artists, illustrators and doodlers

hi ! i don't know ho to say in inglish, i'll try : on Lion gums tools does not work and sometimes does, and sometimes after using gum the setting of the layer is canceled,  and i can't see the setting of all layers i don't know how to see them, when i'm return on a layer with curb setting for example it's open a new curb window with no setting and i can't see what i have done before, its the same with all settings, so it's not clear ...

it's me again, i tried perspective tools and crop, grids or lines appears for both, i can move it but nothing happen to my picture … perhaps i can't find how to use it, i'm very new in photograph and soft ... 

with corrector brus-etc shortcut indicate "alt +"but it just makes beeps … i don't understand, in the first version i was able to erase anything, the replacement selection was done automatically ; for sure Lion is not priority but soft is less good for me at each new version ...

i re-opened the raw with the studio in default place and  the correctors works, the gum too, but not the shortcut "alt+" it's the same with "cap+" or "maj+" "in french"

i made a WB layer then tried the corrector brush, it doesn't work any more, i deleted the layer, it's still doesn't work ...

with the default suppression tool it doesn't work on a layer but only on the background ...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.