You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta (1.5.2 - Beta 3)

Hi, I think my Affinity-Version has a bug. That was in all old versions and in this beta-version it still is:
When I draw with any drawing tool a (small) circle - with either wacom pen or mouse - there appears to be a straight line right in the beginning. As if I had pressed *shift*. That line has always the same lenght, doesn't matter if I zoom in or out. It hast 2-3 real mm on the screen.
When I draw small lines or curves very quickly, sometimes the tool doesnt react at all.
I work with Mac OS 10.10.5 on an I-Mac.

Hi, I think my Affinity-Version has a bug. That was in all old versions and in this beta-version it still is:

When I draw with any drawing tool a (small) circle - with either wacom pen or mouse - there appears to be a straight line right in the beginning. As if I had pressed *shift*. That line has always the same lenght, doesn't matter if I zoom in or out. It hast 2-3 real mm on the screen.

When I draw small lines or curves very quickly, sometimes the tool doesnt react at all.

I work with Mac OS 10.10.5 on an I-Mac.

Yep, it is still there...

Hopefully 1.6 will fix this.

Responsiveness on short strokes or stippling is not yet top notch.

I noticed that sometimes a similar behaviour happens with vector tools too, if snapping is very tight and you're going to create a small shape (click + drag), the shape itself disappears.

I don't know if it is somehow related.

The white dog, making tools for artists, illustrators and doodlers

Yep, it is still there...

Hopefully 1.6 will fix this.

Responsiveness on short strokes or stippling is not yet top notch.

I noticed that sometimes a similar behaviour happens with vector tools too, if snapping is very tight and you're going to create a small shape (click + drag), the shape itself disappears.

I don't know if it is somehow related.

Thank you, paolo.limoncelli, for your answer!

And yes, same problem as in my AP appears in my AD as well - just the beginning of a curve goes straight line.

Anyways, I am relieved, nothing is wrong with my other working-tools (what I had thought in the beginning) and hope you guys fix this bug in the future.

I am very happy about the Affinity Team making so much efford to develop this great programm and make it a serious working tool for professionals! Thanx!!!!

Color selection window disappears completely when minimized

When i open the color selection window and minimize it, it disappears and there is no way to get it back while the program is running. "Show all windows" or selecting the color selection window in the dock doesn't help, nor double clicking on the color tool. AP has to be closed completely and reopened again in order to get the color selection window back again.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.