You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

how to paint back to a mask

I'm sure this has been discussed many times here, but I can't find a forum that answers the question.

Using Photoshop, I would often paint a mask with the black/white brush. Toggling the X would allow me to add or subtract the mask.

I was using the brush in AP to paint the mask, but I see that you don't use white/black to invert the brush. So how do I paint back into the mask what I have already erased?

post-14071-0-50565800-1484070307_thumb.png

• Staff

Hi finedesign,

Affinity Photo works the same way as Photoshop in this regard. You can use black and white to conceal/reveal the image. You can also use X to switch between black and white. Are you sure you have the Paint Brush Tool selected? Additionally you can press and hold ⌥ (option/alt) and click on the mask's thumbnail in the Layers panel to work with a greyscale version of the mask.

Clicking the mask's thumbnail and deleting will delete the mask all together. As far as I know, there is no way to recover individual erased sections. I would love to hear from someone here to prove me wrong in case I'm mistaking.

Edit: MEB beat me to it.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Here's a small clip that may help:

attachicon.gifmasks_2.gif

Just curious: what tool did you use to get such a small gif size?

UX/UI designer, IT analyst & consultant, Business Architect at Cool Ticket (www.coolticket.co).

MacBook Pro 13'' Early 2015, 3,1 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, Apple Thunderbolt Display 27'' (2560 x 1440).

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.